Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 22, 2019
“Staged Killer” — stupid title, for starters. It’s a thriller about stalking, murderous obsession and yes TV RATINGS in the live streaming era. But don’t go looking for a dark, daft reboot of “To Die For,” the movie that made … Continue reading
Netflixable? “Smart People” like Quaid, Sarah Jessica, Ellen Page and Thomas Haden Church should be able to find love, right?
Smart people have the answers. Smart people are quick on their feet. They always have the right word on the tips of their tongues. But smart people can also be insufferably rude, intolerant, uncompromising, stand-offish. They can be pompous … Continue reading
The Grand Old Man of Photography pushes his glasses back up on his nose, gestures with a non-existent cigar (for once) and speaks. “My entire philosophy can be summed up in two words. ‘Hey look!’” “Jay Myself” paints an affectionate, … Continue reading
“On the nose” casting at its finest. Nov. 22, the Oscar winner plays the only saint American television has ever produced. And we’ll find out if indeed it’s “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.” Yes, the trailer will make you … Continue reading
Eye rolling is against doctor’s orders. For some of us.” “Sharpen your stakes because #Marvel is rebooting the #Blade franchise with Mahershala Ali https://t.co/oaXkaCD6UN https://t.co/ArnkCKrVkP https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1153213606894407680?s=17
Entertainment Weekly saves us all $14 a head. Who says magazines are irrelevant? “There’s a clear standout performance in #TheLionKing remake and it’s not Beyoncé.” https://t.co/4joPRFP0js https://twitter.com/EW/status/1153093567767830528?s=17