Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Movie Review: A dying dad's puzzle can only be solved by "Half Brothers"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 22, 2019
“Staged Killer” — stupid title, for starters. It’s a thriller about stalking, murderous obsession and yes TV RATINGS in the live streaming era. But don’t go looking for a dark, daft reboot of “To Die For,” the movie that made … Continue reading
Netflixable? “Smart People” like Quaid, Sarah Jessica, Ellen Page and Thomas Haden Church should be able to find love, right?
Smart people have the answers. Smart people are quick on their feet. They always have the right word on the tips of their tongues. But smart people can also be insufferably rude, intolerant, uncompromising, stand-offish. They can be pompous … Continue reading
The Grand Old Man of Photography pushes his glasses back up on his nose, gestures with a non-existent cigar (for once) and speaks. “My entire philosophy can be summed up in two words. ‘Hey look!’” “Jay Myself” paints an affectionate, … Continue reading
“On the nose” casting at its finest. Nov. 22, the Oscar winner plays the only saint American television has ever produced. And we’ll find out if indeed it’s “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.” Yes, the trailer will make you … Continue reading
Eye rolling is against doctor’s orders. For some of us.” “Sharpen your stakes because #Marvel is rebooting the #Blade franchise with Mahershala Ali https://t.co/oaXkaCD6UN https://t.co/ArnkCKrVkP https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1153213606894407680?s=17
Entertainment Weekly saves us all $14 a head. Who says magazines are irrelevant? “There’s a clear standout performance in #TheLionKing remake and it’s not Beyoncé.” https://t.co/4joPRFP0js https://twitter.com/EW/status/1153093567767830528?s=17