Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
- Movie Review: If only they'd remembered Harvey Keitel is "Lansky"
- Movie Review: Even Swedes fret over their neighbors -- "The Evil Next Door"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 26, 2019
“Home invasion” — it isn’t just the NRA’s easiest recruiting fear. We all dread the idea of it, somebody like Robert Patrick breaking into the house, waving a gun around, drinking our liquor and smoking our cigars. And FLUSH the … Continue reading
Did America wake up and suddenly realize Disney pointlessly remade “The Lion King?” Because Box Office Mojo had been predicting a whopping $94 million for the second weekend of the digitally animated talking critters tale. Others, Deadline.com included, were saying … Continue reading
I love the way Travolta keeps at it, keeps taking at bats, stays in the game and does what he loves. He is at that making-movies-almost-no-one sees stage of his career. Even I can’t get my hands on most of … Continue reading
You judge a splatter/slasher film on its own merits, at a comfortable remove from the polite society of the rest of cinema. They operate on a different wavelength and can’t be compared to any other genre, only to other films … Continue reading
He’s touring the country in between movies, showing “High Fidelity” and doing a Q & A afterwards. John Cusack came to Jacksonville last night, and my girlfriend went with a friend — fangirls, Cusack’s got a million of them. I … Continue reading
It’s an “Unlimited Movie Ticket Subscription Plan,” and as theaters evolve into small workforce upscale venues, it makes perfect sense. They’re rolling it out fast, too. By the end of the month it will be in place. Just saw a … Continue reading
It’s indulgent. But we knew that. It’s Tarantino. We come for the indulgence. “Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood” might be his most self-aware picture yet, a time-burning wallow in 1960s pop culture, fashions and the “magic of the movies.” It’s … Continue reading