Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Cerebrum" is sci-fi of the brain-damaged variety
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Cheating is made for "The Delinquent Season"
- Movie Review: Billy Crystal drags Tiffany Haddish into the schmaltz --"Here Today"
- Movie Review: "Midway" recreates an epic naval battle, with a lot of digital help
- Olivia Cooke proves she's more than "just a horror girl" with "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl"
- Movie Review: "Paper Spiders" offers as realistic a depiction of mental illness as any movie ever
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 13, 2018
John Goodman, Vera Farmiga, Madeline Brewer, D.B. Sweeney, Machine Gun Kelly and many others star in this sci-fi tale about an idyllic, worry free, poverty free future that is anything but idyllic. I have to say, the giveaway at the … Continue reading
The Dutch Nazi Meinoud Rost van Tonningen smirks as he schools his German overseers about how things work in the Netherlands, even under German occupation. “In this country, only the sun rises for free.” If there is a Dutch Resistance, somebody is … Continue reading
This Errol Flynn film biography, a little swashbuckling and with just a hint of silly, seems more malnourished than anything else. Will it even play in the states? I get it. If you’re going to make a movie about the … Continue reading
Matt Bomer, Damien Young and Edie Falco co-star in this October thriller about the lengths — crowd funding bribes, publicity, legal and extra-legal — a mother goes to in order to retrieve her kidnapped war correspondent son. “Viper Club” is … Continue reading
Ask anybody who’s owned a sailboat and they’ll tell you — There are days you’re dead-to-rights CERTAIN this sumbitch is trying to kill you. Here’s a thriller about a guy who stumbles across a 38 footer in the fog, “Adrift” … Continue reading
Obsessive teen love — is there any other kind? It can get out of hand in a heartbeat. Especially when the crush is on a “Hearthrob.” Especially when the guy with the crush on the hearthtrob is focused, M.I.T. bound, … Continue reading
Forget Elvis. Give no more thought to accusing Eminem. “White Boy Rick” might be the ultimate cultural appropriator. He adopted street argot — abandoning verbs almost entirely — embraced black slang and took on an African American-influenced wardrobe long before … Continue reading