Top Posts & Pages
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? Scenic Spanish drama "The Skin of the Wolf" tests woman against mountain man
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review: Another "Black Beauty," this time with Winslet voicing the horse, for Disney+
- Movie Review: At long last, "The Croods: A New Age"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? A Middle School reunion goes very French, and very wrong in "Back to School/La Grande Classe"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 13, 2018
John Goodman, Vera Farmiga, Madeline Brewer, D.B. Sweeney, Machine Gun Kelly and many others star in this sci-fi tale about an idyllic, worry free, poverty free future that is anything but idyllic. I have to say, the giveaway at the … Continue reading
The Dutch Nazi Meinoud Rost van Tonningen smirks as he schools his German overseers about how things work in the Netherlands, even under German occupation. “In this country, only the sun rises for free.” If there is a Dutch Resistance, somebody is … Continue reading
This Errol Flynn film biography, a little swashbuckling and with just a hint of silly, seems more malnourished than anything else. Will it even play in the states? I get it. If you’re going to make a movie about the … Continue reading
Matt Bomer, Damien Young and Edie Falco co-star in this October thriller about the lengths — crowd funding bribes, publicity, legal and extra-legal — a mother goes to in order to retrieve her kidnapped war correspondent son. “Viper Club” is … Continue reading
Ask anybody who’s owned a sailboat and they’ll tell you — There are days you’re dead-to-rights CERTAIN this sumbitch is trying to kill you. Here’s a thriller about a guy who stumbles across a 38 footer in the fog, “Adrift” … Continue reading
Obsessive teen love — is there any other kind? It can get out of hand in a heartbeat. Especially when the crush is on a “Hearthrob.” Especially when the guy with the crush on the hearthtrob is focused, M.I.T. bound, … Continue reading
Forget Elvis. Give no more thought to accusing Eminem. “White Boy Rick” might be the ultimate cultural appropriator. He adopted street argot — abandoning verbs almost entirely — embraced black slang and took on an African American-influenced wardrobe long before … Continue reading