Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 21, 2018
You see as many horror movies as I do, you start to obsess on the one or two things the ones that work get right. A pet peeve? Actors who, because they’re not good at interacting with effects or can’t … Continue reading
The buzz around the Netflix comedy “Nappily Ever After” swirls around Sanaa Lathan shaving her head on camera. As it should be. As an Atlanta ad exec, beauty accounts queen and physical appearance perfectionist, her drunken, broken-hearted tantrum with hair … Continue reading
Weekend Movies: Middling reviews for “Clock,” passable ones for “Fahrenheit,””Life Itself” is trashed
I found Eli Roth’s direction of the lifeless “House with a Clock in Its Walls” to be inept, “House with a Clock in Its Walls” to be inept, showing him to be out of his depth on a kiddie horror … Continue reading
There’s no North American release date for this impressive looking two-hander starring Steven Ogg.’ I have of course given away why that is with that name. But “Solis” still looks to be an interesting variation on “Sunshine” and other pictures … Continue reading
Adding Gary Oldman, after winning the Oscar, to what seems on first glance a standard issue Gerry Saves the World actioner — with submarines — makes me give this last trailer a chance. The rest of the cast — Common, … Continue reading
The rush of researched and seemingly random elements of the Internet — spam, pop up ads, kitty videos and “Never Gonna Give You Up” — give the second trailer from “Ralph Breaks the Internet” (“Wreck it Ralph 2”) its sizzle. … Continue reading
He warned about the GOP War on Labor, years before the GOP “War on Women” was identified. He sounded the alarm about the gun manufacturer’s terrorist organization the NRA had morphed into, years before Russian money covered their bottom line. … Continue reading