Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review -- "Impractical Jokers: The Movie"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Netflixable? Another good B-movie from Mel, "Blood Father"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 18, 2018
If nothing else, kudos are due to the creators of “Nightworld” for casting Jason London and Robert Englund in the leads. If only Michael York had been available. It’s a moody, nightmarish story of night watchman work in a mysterious … Continue reading
Brie Larson has the title role, one small step for Marvel to get some of that “Wonder Woman” buzz, crossover appeal, etc. etc. “Captain Marvel” is a March release, opening in that “Black Panther” (broadly speaking) window. Directors of modest … Continue reading
One of the great sea changes in American culture over the past 60 years has been in attitudes toward and treatment of the mentally disabled. From the gradual abandonment of “labeling” via outmoded IQ tests and “warehousing” people we used … Continue reading