Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 18, 2018
If nothing else, kudos are due to the creators of “Nightworld” for casting Jason London and Robert Englund in the leads. If only Michael York had been available. It’s a moody, nightmarish story of night watchman work in a mysterious … Continue reading
Brie Larson has the title role, one small step for Marvel to get some of that “Wonder Woman” buzz, crossover appeal, etc. etc. “Captain Marvel” is a March release, opening in that “Black Panther” (broadly speaking) window. Directors of modest … Continue reading
One of the great sea changes in American culture over the past 60 years has been in attitudes toward and treatment of the mentally disabled. From the gradual abandonment of “labeling” via outmoded IQ tests and “warehousing” people we used … Continue reading