Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 18, 2018
If nothing else, kudos are due to the creators of “Nightworld” for casting Jason London and Robert Englund in the leads. If only Michael York had been available. It’s a moody, nightmarish story of night watchman work in a mysterious … Continue reading
Brie Larson has the title role, one small step for Marvel to get some of that “Wonder Woman” buzz, crossover appeal, etc. etc. “Captain Marvel” is a March release, opening in that “Black Panther” (broadly speaking) window. Directors of modest … Continue reading
One of the great sea changes in American culture over the past 60 years has been in attitudes toward and treatment of the mentally disabled. From the gradual abandonment of “labeling” via outmoded IQ tests and “warehousing” people we used … Continue reading