Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Who dies of "Night Sweats?" A curious skateboarder wants to know.
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 18, 2018
If nothing else, kudos are due to the creators of “Nightworld” for casting Jason London and Robert Englund in the leads. If only Michael York had been available. It’s a moody, nightmarish story of night watchman work in a mysterious … Continue reading
Brie Larson has the title role, one small step for Marvel to get some of that “Wonder Woman” buzz, crossover appeal, etc. etc. “Captain Marvel” is a March release, opening in that “Black Panther” (broadly speaking) window. Directors of modest … Continue reading
One of the great sea changes in American culture over the past 60 years has been in attitudes toward and treatment of the mentally disabled. From the gradual abandonment of “labeling” via outmoded IQ tests and “warehousing” people we used … Continue reading