Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Sicilian hitman and his daughter hunt his hunters -- "My Name is Vendetta"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 15, 2018
In Hollywood they call it “runaway production.” But here in the “Rest of the States” we call it making movies that look like America, on location, movies with a hint of “local color.” “Strange Nature” is a not-at-all-terrible low-budget horror … Continue reading
Preview, It’s only punk for Elisabeth Moss, Cara Delevigne, Eric Stoltz and Virginia Madsen in “Her Smell”
A bit late for a “teaser” for a movie opening Sept. 29. And it’s a lulu. Moss plays a chatterbox, strung out punk rocker, with a camera crew in tow, surrounded by all those folks, plus Amber Heard, Ashley Benson … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Predator” is a loser at $26, “A Simple Favor” a winner at $18, “White Boy Rick” a wash with $9 million opening
“The Nun” is managing another $18 million or so on its second weekend, putting the fall’s first sleeper in the range of $85 million by midnight Sunday. And it’s not even “fall” yet. Not by the calendar. But Fox throwing … Continue reading