Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A clever Canadian whodunit with a burnout who used to be "The Kid Detective"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 15, 2018
In Hollywood they call it “runaway production.” But here in the “Rest of the States” we call it making movies that look like America, on location, movies with a hint of “local color.” “Strange Nature” is a not-at-all-terrible low-budget horror … Continue reading
Preview, It’s only punk for Elisabeth Moss, Cara Delevigne, Eric Stoltz and Virginia Madsen in “Her Smell”
A bit late for a “teaser” for a movie opening Sept. 29. And it’s a lulu. Moss plays a chatterbox, strung out punk rocker, with a camera crew in tow, surrounded by all those folks, plus Amber Heard, Ashley Benson … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Predator” is a loser at $26, “A Simple Favor” a winner at $18, “White Boy Rick” a wash with $9 million opening
“The Nun” is managing another $18 million or so on its second weekend, putting the fall’s first sleeper in the range of $85 million by midnight Sunday. And it’s not even “fall” yet. Not by the calendar. But Fox throwing … Continue reading