Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 15, 2018
In Hollywood they call it “runaway production.” But here in the “Rest of the States” we call it making movies that look like America, on location, movies with a hint of “local color.” “Strange Nature” is a not-at-all-terrible low-budget horror … Continue reading
Preview, It’s only punk for Elisabeth Moss, Cara Delevigne, Eric Stoltz and Virginia Madsen in “Her Smell”
A bit late for a “teaser” for a movie opening Sept. 29. And it’s a lulu. Moss plays a chatterbox, strung out punk rocker, with a camera crew in tow, surrounded by all those folks, plus Amber Heard, Ashley Benson … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Predator” is a loser at $26, “A Simple Favor” a winner at $18, “White Boy Rick” a wash with $9 million opening
“The Nun” is managing another $18 million or so on its second weekend, putting the fall’s first sleeper in the range of $85 million by midnight Sunday. And it’s not even “fall” yet. Not by the calendar. But Fox throwing … Continue reading