Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Russell Crowe shows off his "Poker Face" in this Aussie thriller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 6, 2018
“God Bless the Broken Road” is a sad, slight faith-based drama about loss, grieving, fresh starts and loyalty. It dares to be somber and downbeat, hitting that whole “God and country” connection that much of Christian America embraces hard but … Continue reading
Polly Draper wrote, directed and co-stars, playing the mother to sibling rivals Alex Wolff and Nat Wolff in this love triangle — one brother steals the other’s ballerina girlfriend (Paulina Singer) — set against the backdrop of a beloved, aged … Continue reading
“Five Fingers for Marseilles” is a modern day Western, a tale of revolutionary South Africa and its aftermath, a world of blood, revenge, “stepping in” to right a great wrong, and fighting back. It’s a Sotho “Shane,” brutally beautiful and … Continue reading
“American Chaos” is a political documentary of the “How we got here” variety, a filmmaker who ISN’T Michael Moore looking at America’s political divide by focusing on the last presidential election, as it was happening, to dissect what the appeal … Continue reading