Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Netflixable? JCVD goes "Oui, oui Wheeeee" as "The Last Mercenary"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Korean diplomats try to "Escape from Mogadishu"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 6, 2018
“God Bless the Broken Road” is a sad, slight faith-based drama about loss, grieving, fresh starts and loyalty. It dares to be somber and downbeat, hitting that whole “God and country” connection that much of Christian America embraces hard but … Continue reading
Polly Draper wrote, directed and co-stars, playing the mother to sibling rivals Alex Wolff and Nat Wolff in this love triangle — one brother steals the other’s ballerina girlfriend (Paulina Singer) — set against the backdrop of a beloved, aged … Continue reading
“Five Fingers for Marseilles” is a modern day Western, a tale of revolutionary South Africa and its aftermath, a world of blood, revenge, “stepping in” to right a great wrong, and fighting back. It’s a Sotho “Shane,” brutally beautiful and … Continue reading
“American Chaos” is a political documentary of the “How we got here” variety, a filmmaker who ISN’T Michael Moore looking at America’s political divide by focusing on the last presidential election, as it was happening, to dissect what the appeal … Continue reading