Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "Boogie" has the game, are his Hoop Dreams in vain?
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Ridley and Holland star in "Chaos Walking"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 6, 2018
“God Bless the Broken Road” is a sad, slight faith-based drama about loss, grieving, fresh starts and loyalty. It dares to be somber and downbeat, hitting that whole “God and country” connection that much of Christian America embraces hard but … Continue reading
Polly Draper wrote, directed and co-stars, playing the mother to sibling rivals Alex Wolff and Nat Wolff in this love triangle — one brother steals the other’s ballerina girlfriend (Paulina Singer) — set against the backdrop of a beloved, aged … Continue reading
“Five Fingers for Marseilles” is a modern day Western, a tale of revolutionary South Africa and its aftermath, a world of blood, revenge, “stepping in” to right a great wrong, and fighting back. It’s a Sotho “Shane,” brutally beautiful and … Continue reading
“American Chaos” is a political documentary of the “How we got here” variety, a filmmaker who ISN’T Michael Moore looking at America’s political divide by focusing on the last presidential election, as it was happening, to dissect what the appeal … Continue reading