Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: To collect Sarandon's inheritance, Jake Johnson must "Ride the Eagle"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 14, 2018
This is intriguing — a little adventure, a bit of danger, some special gifts and a hint of, as the trailer puts it, “whimsy.” “Big Blue Sea” opens in Hong Kong in January. Maybe it’ll get US distribution, maybe Netflix … Continue reading
Took opera world by storm, loved Onassis before he married Jackie, embraced in a heartbeat by the early adapters (check out who swoons over her in ticket lines), interviewed for TV for decades, this Tom Volf film, opening in November, … Continue reading
It lacks the familiar logo — the giant stylized “W” on its distinctly-angled slab sides. But there’s no mistaking the metal box on wheels that flashes its lights at a passing kid, then flings open a door to … Continue reading
Praise the Lord, Netflix has gotten into the Nicole Holofcener business! One of the cinema’s most independent, distinctly quirky, distinctly feminine voices should be right at home on the streaming network, where fans will have time to find her work … Continue reading
You’ve heard what Olivia Munn did — call out Shane Black, who thought he’d help out a convicted sex felon pal by sneaking him into a bit part in his smart-mouthed reboot of “The Predator” franchise. The perv’s scene was … Continue reading
The Old Guys Ride genre of “road picture” isn’t a new thing. And “American Dresser” adds nothing new to the font of knowledge that, say, “Wild Hogs” fertilized. A soapy, tame and dramatically-thin cross country odyssey, it’s “Last Flag Flying” … Continue reading
It’s become old hat to refer to any Emma Thompson performance these days as a crowning achievement in her screen career. But if Helen Mirren was born to play “The Queen,” she simply had to age into the part, the … Continue reading