Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: Rednecks pick the wrong gay couple to torture at "The Retreat"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 16, 2018
It’s not a new movie trope, but seriously — how do you make “Hot for teacher” an acceptable subject for a movie nowadays? “My Teacher, My Obsession” whistles past the #Notlegal graveyard with horror. Well, with a stalker/thriller, anyway. That’s what … Continue reading
The guys who gave us Schwarzenegger turn up in this film about the weightlifter/bodybuilder Joe Weider, whose ads graced the inside back covers of many a classic comic book, back in the day. Julianne Hough, Tyler Hoechlin, Steve Guttenberg Robert Forster, DJ … Continue reading
Might’ve had a little to do with Hurricane Florence worrying film fans from Va to Ga. Maybe not. But the projected $29 million opening for “The Predator” reboot at the hands of Shane Black was a $24 million bust. “A … Continue reading
Jimmy Buffet as viewed through the Harmony Korine dark side of drunken beach poet as a lifestyle, that is. Yes, the director of “Spring Breakers,” who let us know that hell yeah, he “gets” Florida, is back with a dark … Continue reading
If you want a thorough documentary accounting of your legendary life in music, leave the job to your adoring daughter. Rashida Jones of “Tag” and TV’s “Angie Tribeca,” didn’t have to arrange interviews for “Quincy,” the film she co-directed about … Continue reading