Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Netflixable? The silly sci-fi excesses and faded Bruce Willis cool of "Cosmic Sin"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 16, 2018
It’s not a new movie trope, but seriously — how do you make “Hot for teacher” an acceptable subject for a movie nowadays? “My Teacher, My Obsession” whistles past the #Notlegal graveyard with horror. Well, with a stalker/thriller, anyway. That’s what … Continue reading
The guys who gave us Schwarzenegger turn up in this film about the weightlifter/bodybuilder Joe Weider, whose ads graced the inside back covers of many a classic comic book, back in the day. Julianne Hough, Tyler Hoechlin, Steve Guttenberg Robert Forster, DJ … Continue reading
Might’ve had a little to do with Hurricane Florence worrying film fans from Va to Ga. Maybe not. But the projected $29 million opening for “The Predator” reboot at the hands of Shane Black was a $24 million bust. “A … Continue reading
Jimmy Buffet as viewed through the Harmony Korine dark side of drunken beach poet as a lifestyle, that is. Yes, the director of “Spring Breakers,” who let us know that hell yeah, he “gets” Florida, is back with a dark … Continue reading
If you want a thorough documentary accounting of your legendary life in music, leave the job to your adoring daughter. Rashida Jones of “Tag” and TV’s “Angie Tribeca,” didn’t have to arrange interviews for “Quincy,” the film she co-directed about … Continue reading