Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 24, 2018
Tonight’s Screening, “Chasing the Blues,” about record-collecting, prison, and the long-awaited Jon Lovitz comeback
The trailer has hints of “Crossroads,” that Ralph Macchio/Walter Hill classic about looking for a lost Robert Johnson blue classic. This is about that preoccupation of hedonistic hipsters, vinyl collecting. And it looks cute. Opens in Oct.
Vita Sackville-West was upper class, pronounced “kloss,” to the core, a celebrated socialite and successful author. Virginia Woolf was a legend in the making, one of the great writers of the 20th century. Period piece. Torrid gay romance. “Vita & … Continue reading
The nature of memory, its organization and how we hang onto recollections of lost loved ones is what “306 Hollywood” is about. It’s an almost insufferably esoteric documentary made by two siblings, dissecting, digging and reconstructive the life of their … Continue reading
It’s no stretch to think of “Orange is the New Black” star Taylor Schilling as a kidnapping victim who has little trouble turning the tables on her captor. She plays native cunning well, and carries herself, even in a show … Continue reading
Little Joan Marie Larkin saw the rock quartets on TV in the 60s and early 70s, and decided she just HAD to have a Sears Silvertone electric guitar for Christmas. “I can’t be the only girl who wants to do … Continue reading