Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 24, 2018
Tonight’s Screening, “Chasing the Blues,” about record-collecting, prison, and the long-awaited Jon Lovitz comeback
The trailer has hints of “Crossroads,” that Ralph Macchio/Walter Hill classic about looking for a lost Robert Johnson blue classic. This is about that preoccupation of hedonistic hipsters, vinyl collecting. And it looks cute. Opens in Oct.
Vita Sackville-West was upper class, pronounced “kloss,” to the core, a celebrated socialite and successful author. Virginia Woolf was a legend in the making, one of the great writers of the 20th century. Period piece. Torrid gay romance. “Vita & … Continue reading
The nature of memory, its organization and how we hang onto recollections of lost loved ones is what “306 Hollywood” is about. It’s an almost insufferably esoteric documentary made by two siblings, dissecting, digging and reconstructive the life of their … Continue reading
It’s no stretch to think of “Orange is the New Black” star Taylor Schilling as a kidnapping victim who has little trouble turning the tables on her captor. She plays native cunning well, and carries herself, even in a show … Continue reading
Little Joan Marie Larkin saw the rock quartets on TV in the 60s and early 70s, and decided she just HAD to have a Sears Silvertone electric guitar for Christmas. “I can’t be the only girl who wants to do … Continue reading