Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? A tetchy mother takes stock of her life in "The Lost Daughter," one of the year's best films
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Footballers stage a strike before "National Champions" can be crowned
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Netflixable? A critical piece of "erased" history -- "The Chickasaw Rancher"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 7, 2018
If Shakespeare was writing today, he’d be having a blast with “catfishing.” The guy who wrote the book — the plays, actually — on “mistaken identity” romances, disguises, girls dressed as lads, etc., would have been all over social media’s … Continue reading
Jennifer Garner shows she can still get a dirty, bloody, job done in “Peppermint,” an avenging angel action picture about a widow who lost husband and daughter to “The Cartel” and The System, and means to get her justice the … Continue reading
The tittering didn’t let up during the showing of “The Nun” I attended. But it had little to do with the jokes in the picture. Maybe a little. No, this was due to the guy — possibly tipsy — who … Continue reading