Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 27, 2018
Here is Orlando, city of “Halloween Horror Nights,” home to “Phantasmagoria,” we know a thing or two about spooky live events. We’ve never had a Halloween “get your fight on” invaded by a spree killer, but otherwise “Hell Fest” has … Continue reading
They must teach this in schools where filmmakers learn the art of making documentaries. While there are many subgenres of nonfiction film — historic, sport, art, nature, biographical profile — one can’t-miss shortcut to getting your film made and seen … Continue reading
It’s taken a while for her to get there, but Joey King’s finally made a movie that cements her growing girl-who-wants-to-be-bad reputation. No “Kissing Booth” this time. With “Summer ’03” she goes full Aubrey Plaza. I’d say watching “Summer ’03” … Continue reading
The year of “Captain Marvel” and “Birds of Prey” begins with “Dark Phoenix,” a new X-Men feature which brings back the non-Wolverine/Fassbender-McAvoy-J. Lawrence cast for a Fox payday and a fresh start. Sophie Turner’s Jean Gray, who turns bad badder … Continue reading
Vanessa Grasse stars as a young woman who cannot escape her horrific past in “Open 24 Hours.” Making quite the career for herself, covered in blood (“Leatherface”). This just played at Fantastic Fest. Looks visceral.