Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 27, 2018
Here is Orlando, city of “Halloween Horror Nights,” home to “Phantasmagoria,” we know a thing or two about spooky live events. We’ve never had a Halloween “get your fight on” invaded by a spree killer, but otherwise “Hell Fest” has … Continue reading
They must teach this in schools where filmmakers learn the art of making documentaries. While there are many subgenres of nonfiction film — historic, sport, art, nature, biographical profile — one can’t-miss shortcut to getting your film made and seen … Continue reading
It’s taken a while for her to get there, but Joey King’s finally made a movie that cements her growing girl-who-wants-to-be-bad reputation. No “Kissing Booth” this time. With “Summer ’03” she goes full Aubrey Plaza. I’d say watching “Summer ’03” … Continue reading
The year of “Captain Marvel” and “Birds of Prey” begins with “Dark Phoenix,” a new X-Men feature which brings back the non-Wolverine/Fassbender-McAvoy-J. Lawrence cast for a Fox payday and a fresh start. Sophie Turner’s Jean Gray, who turns bad badder … Continue reading
Vanessa Grasse stars as a young woman who cannot escape her horrific past in “Open 24 Hours.” Making quite the career for herself, covered in blood (“Leatherface”). This just played at Fantastic Fest. Looks visceral.