Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Documentary Review -- "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry"
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 27, 2018
Here is Orlando, city of “Halloween Horror Nights,” home to “Phantasmagoria,” we know a thing or two about spooky live events. We’ve never had a Halloween “get your fight on” invaded by a spree killer, but otherwise “Hell Fest” has … Continue reading
They must teach this in schools where filmmakers learn the art of making documentaries. While there are many subgenres of nonfiction film — historic, sport, art, nature, biographical profile — one can’t-miss shortcut to getting your film made and seen … Continue reading
It’s taken a while for her to get there, but Joey King’s finally made a movie that cements her growing girl-who-wants-to-be-bad reputation. No “Kissing Booth” this time. With “Summer ’03” she goes full Aubrey Plaza. I’d say watching “Summer ’03” … Continue reading
The year of “Captain Marvel” and “Birds of Prey” begins with “Dark Phoenix,” a new X-Men feature which brings back the non-Wolverine/Fassbender-McAvoy-J. Lawrence cast for a Fox payday and a fresh start. Sophie Turner’s Jean Gray, who turns bad badder … Continue reading
Vanessa Grasse stars as a young woman who cannot escape her horrific past in “Open 24 Hours.” Making quite the career for herself, covered in blood (“Leatherface”). This just played at Fantastic Fest. Looks visceral.