Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: The beautifully-filmed ugly history of "Antebellum"
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A long wallow in Southern Gothic, "The Devil All the Time"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 29, 2018
Reliably hilarious together, master improvisers, the Kings of One-Upping Each Other, do Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly have another buddy farce hit in them? Hell, the world’s been WAITING for a Ralph Fiennes version of Professor Moriarty. And in … Continue reading
Put hotheaded, just-quit working class mechanic Jason Mantzoukas (“The Dictator,” “The House”) in a car with child of privilege Tony Revolori (“Grand Budapest Hotel,” “Spider-Man”) and send them into desert Southwest America. Laughs see sure to follow. Pamela Reed, Taissa … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Smallfoot” gives “little man” Kevin Hart a run for his “Night School Money”–neck and neck
This box office prognostication thing, which for me is more reporting on what others are saying they’re finding out from studio tracking, IMDb searches, etc., has few hard and fast truths. One is that EVERYbody doing it underestimates what will … Continue reading