Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Who dies of "Night Sweats?" A curious skateboarder wants to know.
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 17, 2018
Even those of us who adore Emily Blunt would be ever-so-quick to say that she’s no Julie Andrews. And Dick Van Dyke is every bit as irreplaceable. He’s here, just not in the same guise. But damned if Angela Lansbury … Continue reading
Boy, talk about a light, dullish teen dramedy that turns icky on a dime. “Face 2 Face” is one of the most striking miscalculations in movie tone in recent memory. From light, right on the cusp of sweet, to just … Continue reading
Franz Kafka was born in Prague and died in a sanitarium outside of Vienna. But his Kafkaesque nightmare of maddening bureaucracy run by heartless, buck-passing functionaries lives on just to the south, in the courts, hospitals and government offices of … Continue reading