Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 5, 2018
The trouble with these “Is this really happening, or is it all his her/his head?” thrillers is tactile. As in, “Dude, reach out and TOUCH someone!” Topher Grace stars in “Delirium,” the latest in a long line of horror tales … Continue reading
Here’s our annual Mark Wahlberg holiday “family” comedy. Sean Anders (“Daddy’s Home”) is behind the camera. Again. Nov. 16. “Instant Family” begins tugging at heart strings. Can Mark W. find laughs without Will Ferrell? We’ll see,
For insipid, heartless, tone-deaf and generally inept romantic comedies, “My Perfect Romance” is hard to be beat. Bland leads, dull story, witless dialogue — it all pays off in this insipid time-waster/cash-suck from Team Netflix. Vivian, played by pretty but … Continue reading
The only time to watch “El Camino Christmas” is far-removed from the Christmas season. No sense ruining Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hannukah or Kwanza. But truth be told, there is no “good” time to watch this sour, mostly-humorless holiday hostage “comedy.” It … Continue reading
“Scruffy little comedy” is critic-speak for a movie that, whatever its shortcomings, makes up for them with little grace notes. It could be a scene, here and there, a particularly charming story thread, grand cinematography, a stand-out funny performance or … Continue reading