Top Posts & Pages
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? Scenic Spanish drama "The Skin of the Wolf" tests woman against mountain man
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review: Another "Black Beauty," this time with Winslet voicing the horse, for Disney+
- Movie Review: At long last, "The Croods: A New Age"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? A Middle School reunion goes very French, and very wrong in "Back to School/La Grande Classe"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 5, 2018
The trouble with these “Is this really happening, or is it all his her/his head?” thrillers is tactile. As in, “Dude, reach out and TOUCH someone!” Topher Grace stars in “Delirium,” the latest in a long line of horror tales … Continue reading
Here’s our annual Mark Wahlberg holiday “family” comedy. Sean Anders (“Daddy’s Home”) is behind the camera. Again. Nov. 16. “Instant Family” begins tugging at heart strings. Can Mark W. find laughs without Will Ferrell? We’ll see,
For insipid, heartless, tone-deaf and generally inept romantic comedies, “My Perfect Romance” is hard to be beat. Bland leads, dull story, witless dialogue — it all pays off in this insipid time-waster/cash-suck from Team Netflix. Vivian, played by pretty but … Continue reading
The only time to watch “El Camino Christmas” is far-removed from the Christmas season. No sense ruining Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hannukah or Kwanza. But truth be told, there is no “good” time to watch this sour, mostly-humorless holiday hostage “comedy.” It … Continue reading
“Scruffy little comedy” is critic-speak for a movie that, whatever its shortcomings, makes up for them with little grace notes. It could be a scene, here and there, a particularly charming story thread, grand cinematography, a stand-out funny performance or … Continue reading