Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 5, 2018
The trouble with these “Is this really happening, or is it all his her/his head?” thrillers is tactile. As in, “Dude, reach out and TOUCH someone!” Topher Grace stars in “Delirium,” the latest in a long line of horror tales … Continue reading
Here’s our annual Mark Wahlberg holiday “family” comedy. Sean Anders (“Daddy’s Home”) is behind the camera. Again. Nov. 16. “Instant Family” begins tugging at heart strings. Can Mark W. find laughs without Will Ferrell? We’ll see,
For insipid, heartless, tone-deaf and generally inept romantic comedies, “My Perfect Romance” is hard to be beat. Bland leads, dull story, witless dialogue — it all pays off in this insipid time-waster/cash-suck from Team Netflix. Vivian, played by pretty but … Continue reading
The only time to watch “El Camino Christmas” is far-removed from the Christmas season. No sense ruining Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hannukah or Kwanza. But truth be told, there is no “good” time to watch this sour, mostly-humorless holiday hostage “comedy.” It … Continue reading
“Scruffy little comedy” is critic-speak for a movie that, whatever its shortcomings, makes up for them with little grace notes. It could be a scene, here and there, a particularly charming story thread, grand cinematography, a stand-out funny performance or … Continue reading