Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 23, 2018
BOX OFFICE: “Clock” ticks over to $27, “Simple Favor” holds audience, “Life Itself,” “Fahrenheit” and “Assassination” bomb
One of the rules of thumb concerning box office prognostication is the way movies for kids are consistently under-estimated. You just never know how many parents are anxious enough to get the children out of the house and make an … Continue reading
It’s hard not to oversell “Smallfoot,” the new bigfoot musical from Warners Animation. Because words like “joyous” and “profound” (almost) leap to mind at several points in this Warners Smart/Pixar Heart comedy. Yeah, you’ve seen the trailers, maybe shrugged. Maybe … Continue reading