Top Posts & Pages
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? Scenic Spanish drama "The Skin of the Wolf" tests woman against mountain man
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review: Another "Black Beauty," this time with Winslet voicing the horse, for Disney+
- Movie Review: At long last, "The Croods: A New Age"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? A Middle School reunion goes very French, and very wrong in "Back to School/La Grande Classe"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 2, 2018
The silly, chaste musicals of Bollywood could not be further removed from “Garbage,” a tedious, tawdry and torturous take on India’s gender wars from the director who bills himself as “Q.” Qaushiq Mukherjee has written and directed a gruesome and … Continue reading
Preview, “Science Fair” documentary celebrates smarts, and offers hope in a nation that’s fallen for “Stupid”
This nerdy doc from Cristina Constantini and Darren Foster opens in limited release Sept. 14. Perfect time for something like this, I must say.
It happened Saturday. It’s keeping “Kin” out of the top ten. Still pulling in viewers on a fraction of the screens it held when it opened. In June.
In art, the story of the artist, their “journey,” trials and narrative can often overwhelm the work itself. That was never going to happen to Yayoi Kusama. She might be an art product of wartime Japan, a publicity hungry provocateur … Continue reading
More clever than funny, “The Laws of Thermodynamics” is a feature length Spanish language (Catalan?) “Big Bang Theory,” without the punchlines, rimshots and rhythms of a sitcom. A lovelorn astrophysics grad student falls for an “It” girl model in Barcelona, … Continue reading