Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 2, 2018
The silly, chaste musicals of Bollywood could not be further removed from “Garbage,” a tedious, tawdry and torturous take on India’s gender wars from the director who bills himself as “Q.” Qaushiq Mukherjee has written and directed a gruesome and … Continue reading
Preview, “Science Fair” documentary celebrates smarts, and offers hope in a nation that’s fallen for “Stupid”
This nerdy doc from Cristina Constantini and Darren Foster opens in limited release Sept. 14. Perfect time for something like this, I must say.
It happened Saturday. It’s keeping “Kin” out of the top ten. Still pulling in viewers on a fraction of the screens it held when it opened. In June.
In art, the story of the artist, their “journey,” trials and narrative can often overwhelm the work itself. That was never going to happen to Yayoi Kusama. She might be an art product of wartime Japan, a publicity hungry provocateur … Continue reading
More clever than funny, “The Laws of Thermodynamics” is a feature length Spanish language (Catalan?) “Big Bang Theory,” without the punchlines, rimshots and rhythms of a sitcom. A lovelorn astrophysics grad student falls for an “It” girl model in Barcelona, … Continue reading