Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review -- "Impractical Jokers: The Movie"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Netflixable? Another good B-movie from Mel, "Blood Father"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 25, 2018
Great to see Danny T get a Western. Always good to see Lou Diamond Phillips and Jason Patric on the screen. The actual “stars,” including director Scott Martin, are younger and far less known. Christoph Sanders has TV’s “Last Man … Continue reading
“55 Steps” almost certainly started life with “Oscar bait” in its pitch. Getting a digital release ahead of theatrical kind of tosses that out the window. Helena Bonham Carter as “we’ve never seen her for,” a mental patient whose test … Continue reading
Kevin Hart and Tiffany Haddish co-star in this comedy, and with the way audiences treat comics as if they have expiration dates, there’s no telling how well this will do, even if it’s great. And the trailers aren’t selling that, … Continue reading
The desperation is palpable, the pitfalls predictable and the road rough in “Roxanne Roxanne,” one rapper’s rise during the early years of New York hip hop. Michael Larnell’s flinty and uplifting film of the early days of Lolita “Roxanne Shanté” … Continue reading
with With all the emphasis we put on “plot” in the movies, novelty in the setting, situations and obsessions of the characters, it’s a shame when a comedy comes along that can’t make the most of a good one. Record … Continue reading
Mathangi “Maya” Arulpragasam, the Brit-Sri Lankan rapper, designer and filmmaker known M.I.A., is even more fascinating as a person than she is as an artist. Daughter of a leader of the Tamil Tigers, an ethnic Sri Lankan minority that started a civil … Continue reading