Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "Hot for teacher" is no longer "cute in "Scarborough," or anywhere else
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review -- "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry"
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Haunted by his dead wife "As Long as We Both Shall Live?"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 28, 2018
I’ve interviewed Peter Jackson a few times over the years, and often as the conversation was winding up, he’d talk of the war movie he wanted to make — a version of WWII’s “The Dam Busters,” about RAF pilots who … Continue reading
WEEKEND MOVIES: Decent reviews for “Smallfoot,” pans for “Night School” and “Hell Fest,” “Little Women”
The bar has been set high for Kevin Hart comedies, and adding new star Tiffany Haddish to the mix should prove a boon for “Night School,” an indifferent star-comedy with little to recommend it — a few laughs, widely scattered … Continue reading
There’s been so much written, said and filmed about New York’s famed disco era icon Studio 54, that filmmaker Matt Tyrnauer was hard-pressed to find anything new for his documentary, “Studio 54” (Oct. 5). What he settled on was the tactile … Continue reading
Musically sharp and dramatically flat, the latest version of “A Star is Born” starts impressively and falls off suddenly, a sudsy, overwrought remake that drowns in its abrupt, perfunctory emotional leaps. All this hype around Lady Gaga’s big screen debut? … Continue reading
“Hell Fest” falls on the “Why’d they even bother releasing this one?” end of the horror film spectrum. Then you look around at the late Thursday preview audience and see a theater half-full for a movie that was so crappy … Continue reading