Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Netflixable? Another thriller titled "Awake," another snooze
- Movie Review: Mark Wahlberg's fighting and recalling past lives in "Infinite"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 30, 2018
He’s fretted in the most public, often comic ways, about his Canadian ancestry, his duty to the Motherland. So it’s only natural that Ryan Reynolds should make a movie with Atom Egoyan. Who’s more Canadian than that? And it’s about … Continue reading
Shut the front door! A mermaid who doesn’t sing, who doesn’t necessarily want to be “part of your world?” How did Disney allow this “Little Mermaid” to happen? AMC theaters will open this period piece “Splash meets Fairy Tale: A … Continue reading
Emma Wilson (Kelli Berglund) is a cute, cocky, high school cheerleader and Air Force brat who has “already learned how to say ‘good-bye’ in six languages.” That’s what military families face as a way of life — constantly moving, … Continue reading
Many of my favorite documentaries over the years have been works of cultural historiography — films that literally “write the book” on some corner of pop culture that’s outside of my experience or general interest. My first serious education in … Continue reading