Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: "Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Bibb wears bibs in search of "The Lost Husband"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- AMC Faces Bankruptcy, dissolution
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 30, 2018
He’s fretted in the most public, often comic ways, about his Canadian ancestry, his duty to the Motherland. So it’s only natural that Ryan Reynolds should make a movie with Atom Egoyan. Who’s more Canadian than that? And it’s about … Continue reading
Shut the front door! A mermaid who doesn’t sing, who doesn’t necessarily want to be “part of your world?” How did Disney allow this “Little Mermaid” to happen? AMC theaters will open this period piece “Splash meets Fairy Tale: A … Continue reading
Emma Wilson (Kelli Berglund) is a cute, cocky, high school cheerleader and Air Force brat who has “already learned how to say ‘good-bye’ in six languages.” That’s what military families face as a way of life — constantly moving, … Continue reading
Many of my favorite documentaries over the years have been works of cultural historiography — films that literally “write the book” on some corner of pop culture that’s outside of my experience or general interest. My first serious education in … Continue reading