Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 30, 2018
He’s fretted in the most public, often comic ways, about his Canadian ancestry, his duty to the Motherland. So it’s only natural that Ryan Reynolds should make a movie with Atom Egoyan. Who’s more Canadian than that? And it’s about … Continue reading
Shut the front door! A mermaid who doesn’t sing, who doesn’t necessarily want to be “part of your world?” How did Disney allow this “Little Mermaid” to happen? AMC theaters will open this period piece “Splash meets Fairy Tale: A … Continue reading
Emma Wilson (Kelli Berglund) is a cute, cocky, high school cheerleader and Air Force brat who has “already learned how to say ‘good-bye’ in six languages.” That’s what military families face as a way of life — constantly moving, … Continue reading
Many of my favorite documentaries over the years have been works of cultural historiography — films that literally “write the book” on some corner of pop culture that’s outside of my experience or general interest. My first serious education in … Continue reading