Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: A step to down to "Jumanji: The Next Level"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Documentary Review: Surfing twins take on the world and the big waves, "And Two if By Sea: The Hobgood Brothers"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 30, 2018
He’s fretted in the most public, often comic ways, about his Canadian ancestry, his duty to the Motherland. So it’s only natural that Ryan Reynolds should make a movie with Atom Egoyan. Who’s more Canadian than that? And it’s about … Continue reading
Shut the front door! A mermaid who doesn’t sing, who doesn’t necessarily want to be “part of your world?” How did Disney allow this “Little Mermaid” to happen? AMC theaters will open this period piece “Splash meets Fairy Tale: A … Continue reading
Emma Wilson (Kelli Berglund) is a cute, cocky, high school cheerleader and Air Force brat who has “already learned how to say ‘good-bye’ in six languages.” That’s what military families face as a way of life — constantly moving, … Continue reading
Many of my favorite documentaries over the years have been works of cultural historiography — films that literally “write the book” on some corner of pop culture that’s outside of my experience or general interest. My first serious education in … Continue reading