Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review -- "Impractical Jokers: The Movie"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Netflixable? Another good B-movie from Mel, "Blood Father"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 16, 2018
A Christmas present for fans of Ms. Jones and Ruth Bader Ginsberg, a bio-drama about what made her reputation long before she became the most beloved Supreme Court Justice by the left. Oscar bait? One can only hope.
Desperation, as a general rule, makes for good comedy. For a “caper comedy,” it’s an absolute pre-requisite. “Deidra & Laney Rob a Train” is fraught with desperation, real and comic. Deidra (Ashleigh Murray of TV’s “Riverdale”) has it. She’s pretty … Continue reading
It’s the first or second thing they teach you in all the better “How to Script a Romantic Comedy in Nine Lessons” online courses. Find an excuse to throw a bunch of sexually active folks together, find a cool location, … Continue reading