Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 16, 2018
A Christmas present for fans of Ms. Jones and Ruth Bader Ginsberg, a bio-drama about what made her reputation long before she became the most beloved Supreme Court Justice by the left. Oscar bait? One can only hope.
Desperation, as a general rule, makes for good comedy. For a “caper comedy,” it’s an absolute pre-requisite. “Deidra & Laney Rob a Train” is fraught with desperation, real and comic. Deidra (Ashleigh Murray of TV’s “Riverdale”) has it. She’s pretty … Continue reading
It’s the first or second thing they teach you in all the better “How to Script a Romantic Comedy in Nine Lessons” online courses. Find an excuse to throw a bunch of sexually active folks together, find a cool location, … Continue reading