Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: The beautifully-filmed ugly history of "Antebellum"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 16, 2018
A Christmas present for fans of Ms. Jones and Ruth Bader Ginsberg, a bio-drama about what made her reputation long before she became the most beloved Supreme Court Justice by the left. Oscar bait? One can only hope.
Desperation, as a general rule, makes for good comedy. For a “caper comedy,” it’s an absolute pre-requisite. “Deidra & Laney Rob a Train” is fraught with desperation, real and comic. Deidra (Ashleigh Murray of TV’s “Riverdale”) has it. She’s pretty … Continue reading
It’s the first or second thing they teach you in all the better “How to Script a Romantic Comedy in Nine Lessons” online courses. Find an excuse to throw a bunch of sexually active folks together, find a cool location, … Continue reading