Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Who dies of "Night Sweats?" A curious skateboarder wants to know.
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 16, 2018
A Christmas present for fans of Ms. Jones and Ruth Bader Ginsberg, a bio-drama about what made her reputation long before she became the most beloved Supreme Court Justice by the left. Oscar bait? One can only hope.
Desperation, as a general rule, makes for good comedy. For a “caper comedy,” it’s an absolute pre-requisite. “Deidra & Laney Rob a Train” is fraught with desperation, real and comic. Deidra (Ashleigh Murray of TV’s “Riverdale”) has it. She’s pretty … Continue reading
It’s the first or second thing they teach you in all the better “How to Script a Romantic Comedy in Nine Lessons” online courses. Find an excuse to throw a bunch of sexually active folks together, find a cool location, … Continue reading