Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 13, 2018
Mariano lives and breathes futbol, especially as it pertains to the Mexican national team/ He nervously drinks shots with friends and relatives, bickers over whether they are “traitors” for not rooting hard enough and trash talks one and all when … Continue reading
Preview, “Scotty and the Secret History of Hollywood” kisses and tells about the gay counter-history of Golden Age Hollywood
The upshot of this July 27 release is that Scotty Bowers was a WWII vet and Hollywood hanger-on, a pimp, rent-boy, and above all else a credible kiss-and-tell authority on who was sleeping with whom, and which screen icons were … Continue reading
“How it Ends” is “Zombieland” with the sobriety of “The Stand” or “The Road,” a post apocalyptic cross-country thriller that has the good sense to put its antagonistic protagonists on the road with a minimum of fuss, and a lot … Continue reading
The first wide release cartoon to show up since “Incredibles 2” figures to own the box office this weekend. None of the “Hotel Transylvania” movies have been all that. I mean, Adam Sandler, right? Reviews for the cruise ship installment … Continue reading
There are a limited number of tropes common to “the prison picture.” “Normal” guy gets tossed in the joint, where he adapts to the savagery or dies (see the popular “Shot Caller”). Dodging rape or death in the shower, coping … Continue reading