Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 13, 2018
Mariano lives and breathes futbol, especially as it pertains to the Mexican national team/ He nervously drinks shots with friends and relatives, bickers over whether they are “traitors” for not rooting hard enough and trash talks one and all when … Continue reading
Preview, “Scotty and the Secret History of Hollywood” kisses and tells about the gay counter-history of Golden Age Hollywood
The upshot of this July 27 release is that Scotty Bowers was a WWII vet and Hollywood hanger-on, a pimp, rent-boy, and above all else a credible kiss-and-tell authority on who was sleeping with whom, and which screen icons were … Continue reading
“How it Ends” is “Zombieland” with the sobriety of “The Stand” or “The Road,” a post apocalyptic cross-country thriller that has the good sense to put its antagonistic protagonists on the road with a minimum of fuss, and a lot … Continue reading
The first wide release cartoon to show up since “Incredibles 2” figures to own the box office this weekend. None of the “Hotel Transylvania” movies have been all that. I mean, Adam Sandler, right? Reviews for the cruise ship installment … Continue reading
There are a limited number of tropes common to “the prison picture.” “Normal” guy gets tossed in the joint, where he adapts to the savagery or dies (see the popular “Shot Caller”). Dodging rape or death in the shower, coping … Continue reading