Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? Omar Epps is captain on a space station where things go wrong, "3022"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 4, 2018
Jay-Z and Paramount put together this limited docu-series, about the South Florida teen whose family visit to Sanford, FL ended in tragedy and infamy. A 2012 case and it still resonates. July 30 on BET (per Gizmodo media) and Paramount … Continue reading
He finds her in the tub, waiting to die. She doesn’t. “Why do you like me?” Daisy (Jordan Hinson, who scripted the film) asks. “Because you’re young and rich and beautiful and you haven’t called the cops” is really the … Continue reading
This small-distributor horror film/thriller was picked up at Sundance and earns a limited release Aug. 10. Kind of “It” without the supernatural element, without every adult clueless to the threat. Promising. “All serial killers live next door to somebody.”
A government bent on keeping the existence of and possible threats posed by “UFOs,” and the film presence of sci-fi fave Gillian Anderson made me wonder if this new movie was inspired by the 1970s British TV series about a … Continue reading