Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Documentary Review: A Great Writer writes and remembers -- "The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 4, 2018
Jay-Z and Paramount put together this limited docu-series, about the South Florida teen whose family visit to Sanford, FL ended in tragedy and infamy. A 2012 case and it still resonates. July 30 on BET (per Gizmodo media) and Paramount … Continue reading
He finds her in the tub, waiting to die. She doesn’t. “Why do you like me?” Daisy (Jordan Hinson, who scripted the film) asks. “Because you’re young and rich and beautiful and you haven’t called the cops” is really the … Continue reading
This small-distributor horror film/thriller was picked up at Sundance and earns a limited release Aug. 10. Kind of “It” without the supernatural element, without every adult clueless to the threat. Promising. “All serial killers live next door to somebody.”
A government bent on keeping the existence of and possible threats posed by “UFOs,” and the film presence of sci-fi fave Gillian Anderson made me wonder if this new movie was inspired by the 1970s British TV series about a … Continue reading