Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: July 26, 2018
Movie Review: “Teen Titans Go!” #2 at the movies
The animation’s so flat, static and dull it relies on brighter-than-bright sparkly colors to make it pop. Like “Power Puff Girls” or “My Little Pony.” The jokes are infantile-obvious and pounded home with a sledgehammer, as if the writers figured … Continue reading
Next Screening? Spike Lee’s “BlackKklansman”
This is one of the two or three movies I’ve most been looking forward to this summer. Why? Because it could be Spike Lee’s “Comeback?” Nah, the man’s been buried and resurrected more times than Reagan. Adam Driver’s chance to … Continue reading
Preview, “Overlord” asks, “Do we really need a J.J. Abrams produced D-Day Horror Movie?”
Jovan Adep, Bokeem Woodbine, Wyatt Russell… Really? November release, says the trailer, “Overlord” on Imdb insists on an Oct. 26 release date. We’ll see.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview, “Overlord” asks, “Do we really need a J.J. Abrams produced D-Day Horror Movie?”
Preview, “Slender Man,” the second trailer — Will it keep its horrific promise?
As zeitgeisty as any horror picture of recent memory, a tale of terror that’s rippled through the culture “like a virus.” Scary second trailer. Creepy effect (might be a mistake to show the dude before the movie opens). August 10, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview, “Slender Man,” the second trailer — Will it keep its horrific promise?
Movie Review: Cancer or not, “Hope Springs Eternal”
Having a thing you’re known for, an identity that makes you memorable, is everything in high school. Captain of the cheerleading squad, Guitar Guy (wears a guitar everywhere), Drama Girl, Class Clown, Jock, Hat Girl, Class Witch, Vintage T-shirt Guy … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Cancer or not, “Hope Springs Eternal”
Movie Review: How did ANY of us survive “Eighth Grade?”
The adorably cringe-worthy “Eighth Grade” will make you wonder, “Was I EVER that awkward, shy, naive, delusional or unintentionally cruel?” A better question as you’re pondering the closing credits might be, “How do ANY of us get that that awkward … Continue reading