Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
- Movie Review: A "priest" made in prison, "Corpus Christi"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 26, 2018
The animation’s so flat, static and dull it relies on brighter-than-bright sparkly colors to make it pop. Like “Power Puff Girls” or “My Little Pony.” The jokes are infantile-obvious and pounded home with a sledgehammer, as if the writers figured … Continue reading
This is one of the two or three movies I’ve most been looking forward to this summer. Why? Because it could be Spike Lee’s “Comeback?” Nah, the man’s been buried and resurrected more times than Reagan. Adam Driver’s chance to … Continue reading
Jovan Adep, Bokeem Woodbine, Wyatt Russell… Really? November release, says the trailer, “Overlord” on Imdb insists on an Oct. 26 release date. We’ll see.
As zeitgeisty as any horror picture of recent memory, a tale of terror that’s rippled through the culture “like a virus.” Scary second trailer. Creepy effect (might be a mistake to show the dude before the movie opens). August 10, … Continue reading
Having a thing you’re known for, an identity that makes you memorable, is everything in high school. Captain of the cheerleading squad, Guitar Guy (wears a guitar everywhere), Drama Girl, Class Clown, Jock, Hat Girl, Class Witch, Vintage T-shirt Guy … Continue reading
The adorably cringe-worthy “Eighth Grade” will make you wonder, “Was I EVER that awkward, shy, naive, delusional or unintentionally cruel?” A better question as you’re pondering the closing credits might be, “How do ANY of us get that that awkward … Continue reading