Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "Hot for teacher" is no longer "cute in "Scarborough," or anywhere else
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review -- "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry"
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Haunted by his dead wife "As Long as We Both Shall Live?"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 26, 2018
The animation’s so flat, static and dull it relies on brighter-than-bright sparkly colors to make it pop. Like “Power Puff Girls” or “My Little Pony.” The jokes are infantile-obvious and pounded home with a sledgehammer, as if the writers figured … Continue reading
This is one of the two or three movies I’ve most been looking forward to this summer. Why? Because it could be Spike Lee’s “Comeback?” Nah, the man’s been buried and resurrected more times than Reagan. Adam Driver’s chance to … Continue reading
Jovan Adep, Bokeem Woodbine, Wyatt Russell… Really? November release, says the trailer, “Overlord” on Imdb insists on an Oct. 26 release date. We’ll see.
As zeitgeisty as any horror picture of recent memory, a tale of terror that’s rippled through the culture “like a virus.” Scary second trailer. Creepy effect (might be a mistake to show the dude before the movie opens). August 10, … Continue reading
Having a thing you’re known for, an identity that makes you memorable, is everything in high school. Captain of the cheerleading squad, Guitar Guy (wears a guitar everywhere), Drama Girl, Class Clown, Jock, Hat Girl, Class Witch, Vintage T-shirt Guy … Continue reading
The adorably cringe-worthy “Eighth Grade” will make you wonder, “Was I EVER that awkward, shy, naive, delusional or unintentionally cruel?” A better question as you’re pondering the closing credits might be, “How do ANY of us get that that awkward … Continue reading