Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 29, 2018
Somebody figured out that what fans of witch and wizard stories revel in is the cornucopia of critters, gadgets, spells and talismans. Somebody figured out that witches, warlocks and wizards learn their trade somewhere — probably an enchanted, inaccessible school. … Continue reading
When you’re charging members $9.95 a month to see a movie a day (average price, $10 matinee, $14 and up in the evenings), the word “unsustainable” comes up. Whatever data mining value there is in seeing what you buy … Continue reading
An epic about the Irish Potato Famine of 1847, and the British role in causing it. A cast that features Oscar winner Jim Broadbent, LOTR and “Matrix” legend Hugo Weaving, Barry Keoghan and Stephen Rea and Sarah Greene in what … Continue reading
It’s such an obvious concept that you feel you’ve seen an “SNL” sketch or two on the subject. Maybe a Matthew McConaughey/Kate Hudson comedy about it. Professionals who consult with you about a relationship you want to end, and then … Continue reading
Soft as a plush toy and as edgy as the advertorial for “Highlights for Children” magazine it for all intents and purposes is, “44 Pages” captures the venerable children’s magazine as it prepares to put out its 70th anniversary issue … Continue reading