Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A love poem to Cinema in Soft Focus -- "Empire of Light"
- Netflixable? A Teen Tries to Remember his family's Slaughter -- "The Lost Patient (Le Patient)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? Sicilian hitman and his daughter hunt his hunters -- "My Name is Vendetta"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 20, 2018
He didn’t like “getting permission,” signing up for filming permits. So when writer/director/producer Larry Cohen needed a scene of comic Andy Kaufman in the company of a lot of cops, he dressed Kaufman as an NYPD uniform, shoved him into … Continue reading
Much soiled underwear re-soiling at Comic Con over this nonsense. But here you go.
Late getting to this. Am I the first to say, “Are they KIDDING?” No Noomie, no Rooney, no Stieg Larrson original novel, no reason to exist. November, this hits the fan.
“Assassination Nation,” a little social media satire, generation gap satire, minority rule satire, what happens when the REST of the country gets guns satire. Kind of where we’re headed. don’t ya think? Sept. 21, we’ll see how politically loaded this … Continue reading
Mean headline, but after “Joe Dirt,” it’s no less than aged snarkling David Spade deserves. Netflix’s ongoing “Saving Cinemas from Adam Sandler & Friends” project puts Spade in another “Joe Dirt” variation, as a bad dad in Deerfield, New Hampshire. … Continue reading
WEEKEND MOVIES: Mixed reviews for “Mamma Mia 2,” pans for “Equalizer 2,” “Unfriended 2,” but “Mamma” will own “Ant-Man”
None of the three wide releases opening this weekend moved the Metacritic meter well into positive (over 60%) territory. “Mixed” reviews for “Equalizer 2,” “Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again” (“Mamma Mia 2”) and “Unfriended: The Dark Web” (“Unfriended 2”) … Continue reading
Denzel Washington may be in the Liam Neeson “man with particular skills” stage of his leading man carer, older, not so much “getting the girl” anymore as “getting his man. But charisma and old-fashioned talent, what we glibly file under … Continue reading
A tip of the top hat to Stephen Susco, writer-director of the squirm-inducing horror sequel “Unfriended: Dark Web.” He’s engineered a real-time Facebook-era tale of tech-savvy yet hapless young people hacked, tormented and terrorized when one of their number comes across … Continue reading