Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 19, 2018
What tea leaves is Jennifer Lopez reading that parked her in a “Working Girl” style comedy about “faking it until you make it?” Answered my own question there, didn’t I? “Second Act” is about people who missed out on education … Continue reading
The first trailer was cryptic, which is probably why traffic to my eight year old review of the documentary that inspired it, “Marwen” exploded over the past month. “Welcome to Marwen” is about an artist, badly hurt in a mugging, who … Continue reading
Spanish filmmaker José Díaz Martínez wanted some time to himself, to reflect on his long-dead brother Tino and get away from the modern world. And his wife and two kids as well, he doesn’t hasten to add. So he set … Continue reading