Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Next screening? Blake and Jude are in "The Rhythm Section"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: Comrades fight to honor the ultimate sacrifice in "The Last Full Measure"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 8, 2018
Based on the Penelope Fitzgerald novel, directed by the woman who gave us “The Secret Life of Words,” “Elegy” and “Learning to Drive,” “The Bookshop” celebrates reading in the face of ignorance, public good over greed and love. It finally … Continue reading
Josh Brolin joins Danny McBride and his “The Foot-Fist-Way” director Jody Hill for another comic riff on emasculated Southern white manhood with “The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter.” It’s a satiric goof on fathers and sons and the … Continue reading
The sophomore jinx settles in over “Frank & Lola” director Matthew Ross’s second feature, a violent thriller with a strong undercurrent of sex, Russian intrigues and Keanu Reeves. “Siberia” is tedium itself, a boring, talkative and nonsensical story that parks … Continue reading