Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 8, 2018
Based on the Penelope Fitzgerald novel, directed by the woman who gave us “The Secret Life of Words,” “Elegy” and “Learning to Drive,” “The Bookshop” celebrates reading in the face of ignorance, public good over greed and love. It finally … Continue reading
Josh Brolin joins Danny McBride and his “The Foot-Fist-Way” director Jody Hill for another comic riff on emasculated Southern white manhood with “The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter.” It’s a satiric goof on fathers and sons and the … Continue reading
The sophomore jinx settles in over “Frank & Lola” director Matthew Ross’s second feature, a violent thriller with a strong undercurrent of sex, Russian intrigues and Keanu Reeves. “Siberia” is tedium itself, a boring, talkative and nonsensical story that parks … Continue reading