Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 2, 2018
Will is the embodiment of a doting dad, and a “good provider” boiled down to that phrase’s essential meaning. He spends all day, every day with daughter Tom. He keeps her clothed, healthy, warm and fed, home schools her and … Continue reading
Vaughn is about to become a father. Marcus, his pal, figures he knows just the thing for “your last free weekend.” The lads leave the city for a hunting trip in the Scottish highlands and Marcus loads his 90s Jeep … Continue reading
Preview, Josh Brolin tries his Manly Hand at Comedy in “The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter” for Netflix
Josh Brolin’s “The Great White Hunter” aka a drawling good ol’boy with a web series detailing his adventures, Danny McBride’s his trusty cameraman out with him on a stalk that’ll be a boy-bonding/”make a man out of him” weekend for … Continue reading
Preview, Bruce Willis collects Chinese cash and helps China avenge itself on Japan in WWII in “The Bombing”
I wonder if we’ll see this Chinese WWII picture in theaters in the US, or if we’ll be waiting on Netflix/VOD? Bruce Willis still commands box office name recognition, especially overseas. Ye Liu, Nicholas Tse and Sun Ma are the … Continue reading
Long before I moved to Florida, I knew there was a lot more to the place than Disney World, Miami Beach, Daytona Beach and Fort Lauderdale, thanks to this Errol Morris documentary. “Vernon, Florida” was the deadpan follow-up … Continue reading