Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Norway and Jenny Slate shimmer in "The Sunlit Night"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 28, 2018
Watching the old “Papillon” as a way of prepping for the new “Papillon” — Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman in a Franklin “Patton” Schaffner film then, an epic that has improved with age. Charlie Hunnam and Rami Malik in a … Continue reading
Yay, another teen comedy about nerdy boys who try to find an angle to “get girls” in high school. Because the Weinstein/Trump/Moonves/Franco model, get rich or be born rich and make yourself famous so that you have “power” over them … Continue reading
Yeah, she’s like the fifth most famous cover artist in the Rock’n Roll Hall of Fame. But she formed The Runaways, and when the Cherry Bomb went off and the smoke cleared, built a solid solo career on…covers. Yeah, Joe … Continue reading
“BlackKklansman” is the funniest Spike Lee movie in decades, a film of such wit, tension, passion and relevance that it is his most important work since “Malcolm X.” This mostly-true story of a grim but ironic undercover sting of the … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Mission: Impossible — Fallout” sets franchise record, “Mamma” edges “Equalizer” this time, “Titans” tank
A big Thursday and huge Friday have set “Mission: Impossible — Fallout” on a path to clear $60 million on its opening weekend, perhaps going as high as $63 million. Deadline.com is reporting that the $6 million Thursday night opening … Continue reading