Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 28, 2018
Watching the old “Papillon” as a way of prepping for the new “Papillon” — Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman in a Franklin “Patton” Schaffner film then, an epic that has improved with age. Charlie Hunnam and Rami Malik in a … Continue reading
Yay, another teen comedy about nerdy boys who try to find an angle to “get girls” in high school. Because the Weinstein/Trump/Moonves/Franco model, get rich or be born rich and make yourself famous so that you have “power” over them … Continue reading
Yeah, she’s like the fifth most famous cover artist in the Rock’n Roll Hall of Fame. But she formed The Runaways, and when the Cherry Bomb went off and the smoke cleared, built a solid solo career on…covers. Yeah, Joe … Continue reading
“BlackKklansman” is the funniest Spike Lee movie in decades, a film of such wit, tension, passion and relevance that it is his most important work since “Malcolm X.” This mostly-true story of a grim but ironic undercover sting of the … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Mission: Impossible — Fallout” sets franchise record, “Mamma” edges “Equalizer” this time, “Titans” tank
A big Thursday and huge Friday have set “Mission: Impossible — Fallout” on a path to clear $60 million on its opening weekend, perhaps going as high as $63 million. Deadline.com is reporting that the $6 million Thursday night opening … Continue reading