Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Rideshare Roger just might be a "Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 28, 2018
Watching the old “Papillon” as a way of prepping for the new “Papillon” — Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman in a Franklin “Patton” Schaffner film then, an epic that has improved with age. Charlie Hunnam and Rami Malik in a … Continue reading
Yay, another teen comedy about nerdy boys who try to find an angle to “get girls” in high school. Because the Weinstein/Trump/Moonves/Franco model, get rich or be born rich and make yourself famous so that you have “power” over them … Continue reading
Yeah, she’s like the fifth most famous cover artist in the Rock’n Roll Hall of Fame. But she formed The Runaways, and when the Cherry Bomb went off and the smoke cleared, built a solid solo career on…covers. Yeah, Joe … Continue reading
“BlackKklansman” is the funniest Spike Lee movie in decades, a film of such wit, tension, passion and relevance that it is his most important work since “Malcolm X.” This mostly-true story of a grim but ironic undercover sting of the … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Mission: Impossible — Fallout” sets franchise record, “Mamma” edges “Equalizer” this time, “Titans” tank
A big Thursday and huge Friday have set “Mission: Impossible — Fallout” on a path to clear $60 million on its opening weekend, perhaps going as high as $63 million. Deadline.com is reporting that the $6 million Thursday night opening … Continue reading