Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Movie Review: Junkie faces up to a tough task -- "Killing Eleanor"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 24, 2018
A hint of “The Trip to Bountiful” about this dramedy, with Blythe Danner the mother who is no longer all there, Hilary Swank and Michael Shannon as siblings deciding what to do “when that time comes” and Robert Forster as … Continue reading
Preview, Oscar winner Rockwell and Ben Schwartz are out to steal the “Blue Iguana” for Phoebe Fox in this caper comedy
Will we continue to see Sam Rockwell in indie farces like this, now that he’s “Oscar winner Sam Rockwell?” Blimey, we hope so. The diamond heist comedy “Blue Iguana” earns limited release Aug. 24. Couple of laughs in the trailer, … Continue reading
Here’s a “feel good” film that puts us through our share of feeling bad before it delivers its triumph. “93Queen” is the call sign of a Brooklyn EMT service, an American and perhaps Jewish first. They’re an all-female, all-volunteer team … Continue reading
There have been better documentaries this year, but none of them are the roller-coaster ride that “Three Identical Strangers” turns out to be. What begins as a giddy wave of New York disco era nostalgia, one of the delightful “feel … Continue reading
Someday, when Tom Cruise is using a walker or in a wheelchair thanks to the running, leaping motorcycle-crashing stunts he’s hurled himself into in these “Mission: Impossible” movies, you’re going to regret not giving the man his props when he … Continue reading