Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "The Christmas Chronicles Part 2" is two hours of the holidays your kids will never get back
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Kristen Stewart's Christmas comedy in the closet -- "Happiest Season"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 22, 2018
Ciaran Hinds is the aged creeper who has married somebody about one third his age, for we assume, nefarious purposes. Carla Gugino is his accomplice. Matthew Beard and Dylan Baker also star in this one, which nabbed an Aug. 10 … Continue reading
Checking in on an artist’s work after a scandal is always problematic. If you don’t look at the films of Roman Polanski, James Toback, Kevin Spacey or Brett Ratner differently after their public shaming, you’ve got a shorter memory than … Continue reading
Roswell, New Mexico has nothing on Joshua Tree, California, when it comes to otherworldly weirdness. Its exotic siren’s call was obvious years before U2 came to the place “Where the Streets Have No Name, decades before the singer Gram Parsons’ most … Continue reading
We’ve known, from his first moments in character, that Jason Momoa was the wise cracking bad-ass Warner Brothers has been looking for in its DC comics universe films. The first trailer for his stand-alone turn as “Aquaman” gave me a … Continue reading
The similarities are too spot-on to be a coincidence — a father breaks out of prison, reconnects with his three sons, who come to realize he’s a murderous psychopath and not the daddy they’ve been taught to respect, revere and … Continue reading