Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 22, 2018
Ciaran Hinds is the aged creeper who has married somebody about one third his age, for we assume, nefarious purposes. Carla Gugino is his accomplice. Matthew Beard and Dylan Baker also star in this one, which nabbed an Aug. 10 … Continue reading
Checking in on an artist’s work after a scandal is always problematic. If you don’t look at the films of Roman Polanski, James Toback, Kevin Spacey or Brett Ratner differently after their public shaming, you’ve got a shorter memory than … Continue reading
Roswell, New Mexico has nothing on Joshua Tree, California, when it comes to otherworldly weirdness. Its exotic siren’s call was obvious years before U2 came to the place “Where the Streets Have No Name, decades before the singer Gram Parsons’ most … Continue reading
We’ve known, from his first moments in character, that Jason Momoa was the wise cracking bad-ass Warner Brothers has been looking for in its DC comics universe films. The first trailer for his stand-alone turn as “Aquaman” gave me a … Continue reading
The similarities are too spot-on to be a coincidence — a father breaks out of prison, reconnects with his three sons, who come to realize he’s a murderous psychopath and not the daddy they’ve been taught to respect, revere and … Continue reading