Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Rideshare Roger just might be a "Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 7, 2018
Avoiding Adam Sandler films is a lot easier than it used to be. Basically, he’s moved (with his aging fanbase) to Netflix, and the most prominent theatrical releases he’s in have him doing a goof Dracula voice for Sony Animation. … Continue reading
The word “opportunist” gets kicked around a lot in “Whitney,” director Kevin Macdonald’s new onstage/backstage, warts and all documentary about Whitney Houston. This family member tosses it at that family member, or girlfriend, music industry professionals slap it on Houston’s … Continue reading
Food for thought — Sony Animation and Netflix are the Axis of Evil, propping up the corpse of Adam Sandler’s lazy, lowbrow screen comedy career. Nice guy. Met him, once, when he was still humble and putting forth the effort … Continue reading
Deadline.com, one of the places I go for Box Office projections and updates — has been steadily walking back its “EXCLUSIVES” about what “Ant Man and the Wasp” was going to pull in this weekend. The fourth Marvel release this … Continue reading