Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A South African sex-comedy that reminds us to "Do Your Worst"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: July 31, 2018
Preview, “Venom” — the new trailer, gives away the look, the effects, the tone
Tom Hardy plays a reporter “who found something…really bad.” It’s “Deadpool” run monstrously amok, a villain’s villain — Jekyll and Hyde and Tom Hardy as the conflicted fellow fighting it out from within. Oct. 5, we figure out how “We…are Venom” … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview, “Venom” — the new trailer, gives away the look, the effects, the tone
Netflixable? How to Survive in Serbia When You’re just “The Maus”
It begins with a prayer, a Bosnian woman kissing a medal and asking for someone, “Ya Hafizu” (“the protector”) to “protect me from evil.” Their Mitsubishi has given out in the woods. Her German boyfriend, Alex, insists their situation is … Continue reading
Movie Review: Filipino Cops fight their way out of a trap in “BuyBust”
Nobody goes down quietly in “BuyBust.” Cops and drug gangsters, enraged slum dwellers fighting to be freed of both, they take their beatings, absorb brass knuckles and bullets, machetes and Molotov cocktails, and refuse to die. “Adrenalin” pulls them out … Continue reading