Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Sicilian hitman and his daughter hunt his hunters -- "My Name is Vendetta"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 27, 2018
The Verge has a piece on Moviepass’s new restrictions to its “A month of movies at one low low price” ticket packaging that lays out what I’ve been wondering about this “deal” all along. A movie a day for $10 … Continue reading
Preview, Ben Foster teaches his daughter to “Leave No Trace” in this Survivalist drama from Team “Winter’s Bone”
Alyssa McKay plays the daughter Dad (Ben Foster) leaves behind when he’s nabbed in the public forests of Oregon in this story of living off the grid and on the edge of existence. It has “Winter’s Bone” bones. Same director. Yup. … Continue reading
“Well, as Bertrand Russell said, ‘people in a democracy tend to think they have less to fear from a stupid man than an intelligent one.’ Actually, it’s the other way around. It’s the stupid man.” — Henry Fonda as presidential … Continue reading
A pro-wrestling comedy co-produced with WWE and starring Dwayne Johnson, as he was in his PREVIOUS life? The Rock’s little comic tirade here is one of the funniest speeches he’s ever put on screen. And he’s been funny, a LOT, … Continue reading
That’s the only funny thing about James Franco’s Jones for too young if not under-age women and girls. He works so much, compulsively some would say, that when his reputation blew up last Oscar season, there were films in the … Continue reading
Box Office: Did “Avengers: Infinity War” hit $45 million Thursday night? Not headed for “The Record”
That’s what Deadline.com is reporting, based on its earliest projections. It could be off, as they had not updated the Thursday night preview take from the West Coast. But “Infinity War” opened to $38 million or so overseas, and appeared … Continue reading