Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review -- "Impractical Jokers: The Movie"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Netflixable? Another good B-movie from Mel, "Blood Father"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 27, 2018
The Verge has a piece on Moviepass’s new restrictions to its “A month of movies at one low low price” ticket packaging that lays out what I’ve been wondering about this “deal” all along. A movie a day for $10 … Continue reading
Preview, Ben Foster teaches his daughter to “Leave No Trace” in this Survivalist drama from Team “Winter’s Bone”
Alyssa McKay plays the daughter Dad (Ben Foster) leaves behind when he’s nabbed in the public forests of Oregon in this story of living off the grid and on the edge of existence. It has “Winter’s Bone” bones. Same director. Yup. … Continue reading
“Well, as Bertrand Russell said, ‘people in a democracy tend to think they have less to fear from a stupid man than an intelligent one.’ Actually, it’s the other way around. It’s the stupid man.” — Henry Fonda as presidential … Continue reading
A pro-wrestling comedy co-produced with WWE and starring Dwayne Johnson, as he was in his PREVIOUS life? The Rock’s little comic tirade here is one of the funniest speeches he’s ever put on screen. And he’s been funny, a LOT, … Continue reading
That’s the only funny thing about James Franco’s Jones for too young if not under-age women and girls. He works so much, compulsively some would say, that when his reputation blew up last Oscar season, there were films in the … Continue reading
Box Office: Did “Avengers: Infinity War” hit $45 million Thursday night? Not headed for “The Record”
That’s what Deadline.com is reporting, based on its earliest projections. It could be off, as they had not updated the Thursday night preview take from the West Coast. But “Infinity War” opened to $38 million or so overseas, and appeared … Continue reading