Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Movie Review: Let's keep "Black Christmas" in the dark
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Netflixable? "6 Underground," let'em stay there
- Movie Review: Yes, Brendan Fraser is in the Indian crime saga, "Line of Descent"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 15, 2018
Alex Pettyfer is the reporter chasing down the “suicides” behind Soviet Russia’s World War II Polish mass murders in “The Last Witness.” Michael Gambon is among those assuring him “There’s no STORY here.” This one opens in Poland this month, … Continue reading
OK, he’s not the star. Nor is James Caan. Not Ving Rhames or Talia Shire or Armand Assante, either. Justin Baldoni plays hustler/millionaire Barry Minkow in this “true story” con and crash bio-pic, about the “carpet restoration king” who morphed … Continue reading
The actor and director Stanley Tucci read journalist/essayist and biographer James Lord’s account of “sitting” for acclaimed sculptor and painter Alberto Giacometti and saw a movie in it, a simple “two-hander” in the parlance of pictures, a comic war of wills and … Continue reading
Box Office: Families show up for the violent/stupid “Rampage,” edges “Quiet Place,” “Truth or Dare” hits $20
Saturday turned into the make or break day for the incredibly violent, laughably stupid “Rampage,” which looks as if it will hit that magical $34 million mark it was projected to achieve pre-release. Can’t bet against The Rock. “A Quiet … Continue reading