Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Mexican BMX girl holds casting call -- "Dad Wanted (Se busca papá)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 15, 2018
Alex Pettyfer is the reporter chasing down the “suicides” behind Soviet Russia’s World War II Polish mass murders in “The Last Witness.” Michael Gambon is among those assuring him “There’s no STORY here.” This one opens in Poland this month, … Continue reading
OK, he’s not the star. Nor is James Caan. Not Ving Rhames or Talia Shire or Armand Assante, either. Justin Baldoni plays hustler/millionaire Barry Minkow in this “true story” con and crash bio-pic, about the “carpet restoration king” who morphed … Continue reading
The actor and director Stanley Tucci read journalist/essayist and biographer James Lord’s account of “sitting” for acclaimed sculptor and painter Alberto Giacometti and saw a movie in it, a simple “two-hander” in the parlance of pictures, a comic war of wills and … Continue reading
Box Office: Families show up for the violent/stupid “Rampage,” edges “Quiet Place,” “Truth or Dare” hits $20
Saturday turned into the make or break day for the incredibly violent, laughably stupid “Rampage,” which looks as if it will hit that magical $34 million mark it was projected to achieve pre-release. Can’t bet against The Rock. “A Quiet … Continue reading