Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 12, 2018
No matter how adult, rational and organized you think you are, you cannot save somebody from himself. And yet we try. If only to prove to ourselves we’ve made an effort, we try. “6 Balloons” is a short, sharp and … Continue reading
Book Review: Women warriors who inspired “Wonder Woman” and Wakanda are Remembered in “Searching for the Amazons”
Historian John Man’s “Searching for the Amazons: The Real Warrior Women of the Ancient World,” started life as a primer on the historical and mythological antecedents for the comic book icon and film phenomenon of last year, “Wonder Woman.” Having … Continue reading
Jason Statham is the butt of Rainn Wilson’s jokes in this trailer, a “Sharknado” ish Mega Shark (Megalodon) thriller. Ruby Rose shows up with a new haircut, Li Bingbing is the love interest and Cliff Curtis and Page Kennedy and … Continue reading
Jon Hamm gets his best big screen leading man role, and delivers, in “Beirut,” a smart, taut tale of Middle East intrigues from the screenwriter of “Michael Clayton” and the better “Bourne” movies. It’s a period piece built around a … Continue reading
There’s this lovely moment that Joe Manganiello gives us in the middle of all the mayhem of “Rampage.” He plays a badly-scarred battle-tested mercenary sent by corporate fascists to deal with a genetically “edited” wolf. This beast is as big … Continue reading