Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Documentary Review -- "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
- Movie Review: "Hot for teacher" is no longer "cute in "Scarborough," or anywhere else
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 16, 2018
The older officer used to be a schoolmaster in civilian life. And when he and a new-to-the-front boy officer must lead men out of the trenches and “over the top” in World War I, the man his men call “Uncle” … Continue reading
“Duck Butter” harks back to the earliest years of the Queer Cinema, “coming out” and “coming of age, sexually” dramas such as “Lianna” or “Go Fish.” But it transcends those tentative first steps into the cinematic mainstream by foregoing many … Continue reading
Peter Weir’s original film — mid-70s mysterious, sensual, creepy, launched Australian cinema in the mid-70s. You simply cannot overstate the importance of this classic import, with its many overtones and subtexts, the first time the world saw actresses like Rachel … Continue reading
A little stoner “America absorbs Canadian Culture” comedy. Among the guest stars, Brian Cox, Lynda Carter,, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Rob Lowe, Jim Gaffigan, Fred Savage. As the original was like visiting the church of a strange religion (Stonertology) without imbibing in … Continue reading
Streaming cinema fans in search of the silly, the sexual, the satiric and the subtitled should definitely take a gander at “I Am Not an Easy Man,” a French sex farce about seeing the world from the other gender’s side. … Continue reading