Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Let's keep "Black Christmas" in the dark
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: Yes, Brendan Fraser is in the Indian crime saga, "Line of Descent"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 11, 2018
We Southerners do dearly delight in the aspirations, vexations and agitation of Outland actors taking their shots at Southern drawls. We do. And after a lifetime of laughter and trepidation of the Foghorn — I say FOGHORN Leghornisms of the … Continue reading
Exotic, iconic, commanding, gender-bending, the very model of sexy androgyny and disco decadence, Grace Jones has cast a broad shadow over popular culture in a career that’s ventured from fashion show runways to James Bond villains. On the cusp of … Continue reading
If nothing else, the timing of “Chappaquiddick,” a film about a tragedy and the infamous scandal that spun out of it almost 50 years ago, seems odd. Why this story, about a drunk driving accident that killed a pretty young … Continue reading
The best effects are often the simplest. Especially in horror. Particularly in “Truth or Dare,” the latest spin on “It Follows,” the horror trope that you pass on your curse to somebody new just so you can survive. Here, it’s … Continue reading