“Well, as Bertrand Russell said, ‘people in a democracy tend to think they have less to fear from a stupid man than an intelligent one.’ Actually, it’s the other way around. It’s the stupid man.” — Henry Fonda as presidential candidate William Russell in “The Best Man” (1964) On TCM at the moment.
Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Lovely-to-look-at-"Luca" is for tiny bambinos
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Classic Film Review: Young Frankenheimer's "The Young Savages" (1961)
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Movie Review: Lovecraft's "The Deep Ones" done on the cheap
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
Find a Movie Review