Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? A tetchy mother takes stock of her life in "The Lost Daughter," one of the year's best films
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Footballers stage a strike before "National Champions" can be crowned
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Netflixable? A critical piece of "erased" history -- "The Chickasaw Rancher"
- Movie Review: "Maya and Her Lover" might bring her "groove" back
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 18, 2018
Step right up, friends, for a dose of good ol’fashioned self-indulgent rock star movie making. Yessiree Bob, if Dylan could make “Reynoldo & Clara” and Morrison “HWY: An American Pastoral,” and John Mellancamp and others have taken their shots, why … Continue reading
Preview, Claire Danes and Jim Parsons are a couple wrestling with their son’s “Gender Expansive” tendencies in “A Kid Like Jake”
Danes is the concerned mother, Parsons is the more “accept whatever comes” father, a tolerant couple in the Big City looking at pricy private schools for a boy who likes to dress up like a ballerina, or princess. Parsons runs … Continue reading
Preview, Coogan and Rudd couple-up as Gay Men hoping to provide a grandson the “Ideal Home” in this June comedy
A little rude, a lot crude and heaping helping of Steve Coogan winces and Paul Rudd double-takes are what this trailer promises. Will “Ideal Home” pass the Alison Pill “Child Services” test? We’ll find out June 21.
Here’s a peek inside the Nobel Prizes folded into a marital melodrama that pairs up Glenn Close and Jonathan Pryce. He’s the “Great Writer,” she’s the former student who married her teacher, but who was probably a talented writer in … Continue reading