Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 18, 2018
Step right up, friends, for a dose of good ol’fashioned self-indulgent rock star movie making. Yessiree Bob, if Dylan could make “Reynoldo & Clara” and Morrison “HWY: An American Pastoral,” and John Mellancamp and others have taken their shots, why … Continue reading
Preview, Claire Danes and Jim Parsons are a couple wrestling with their son’s “Gender Expansive” tendencies in “A Kid Like Jake”
Danes is the concerned mother, Parsons is the more “accept whatever comes” father, a tolerant couple in the Big City looking at pricy private schools for a boy who likes to dress up like a ballerina, or princess. Parsons runs … Continue reading
Preview, Coogan and Rudd couple-up as Gay Men hoping to provide a grandson the “Ideal Home” in this June comedy
A little rude, a lot crude and heaping helping of Steve Coogan winces and Paul Rudd double-takes are what this trailer promises. Will “Ideal Home” pass the Alison Pill “Child Services” test? We’ll find out June 21.
Here’s a peek inside the Nobel Prizes folded into a marital melodrama that pairs up Glenn Close and Jonathan Pryce. He’s the “Great Writer,” she’s the former student who married her teacher, but who was probably a talented writer in … Continue reading