Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Scenic Spanish drama "The Skin of the Wolf" tests woman against mountain man
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: At long last, "The Croods: A New Age"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 18, 2018
Step right up, friends, for a dose of good ol’fashioned self-indulgent rock star movie making. Yessiree Bob, if Dylan could make “Reynoldo & Clara” and Morrison “HWY: An American Pastoral,” and John Mellancamp and others have taken their shots, why … Continue reading
Preview, Claire Danes and Jim Parsons are a couple wrestling with their son’s “Gender Expansive” tendencies in “A Kid Like Jake”
Danes is the concerned mother, Parsons is the more “accept whatever comes” father, a tolerant couple in the Big City looking at pricy private schools for a boy who likes to dress up like a ballerina, or princess. Parsons runs … Continue reading
Preview, Coogan and Rudd couple-up as Gay Men hoping to provide a grandson the “Ideal Home” in this June comedy
A little rude, a lot crude and heaping helping of Steve Coogan winces and Paul Rudd double-takes are what this trailer promises. Will “Ideal Home” pass the Alison Pill “Child Services” test? We’ll find out June 21.
Here’s a peek inside the Nobel Prizes folded into a marital melodrama that pairs up Glenn Close and Jonathan Pryce. He’s the “Great Writer,” she’s the former student who married her teacher, but who was probably a talented writer in … Continue reading