Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A "priest" made in prison, "Corpus Christi"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Documentary Review: "Junkie Hunters" fight the drug scourge, one addict at a time, and the greedy Rehab Industry in "American Relapse"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 17, 2018
The human computers of “Hidden Figures” aren’t the only “forgotten women” of the early days of America’s space program. While the names of the Mercury Seven, the crack fighter-jocks/test pilots turned astronauts are chiseled into history, with monuments for them … Continue reading
This should be a spinoff from “John Wicke.” The idea of a hospital run for the murderous, the larcenous, injured “in the line of duty?” Jodie Foster, Sterling K. Brown, Jeff Goldblum, Jenny Slate, Sofia Boutella, Charlie Day, Dave Bautista … Continue reading
There’s a statue I always make a point of passing by whenever I’m in Central Park in Manhattan. It’s of Balto, one of the “hero” sled dogs of Nome, Alaska’s diphtheria epidemic of 1925 and the subject of a pretty … Continue reading
The groaning pills and pot gags, the bad puns, the middle-aged paunches. Yes, Broken Lizard is back, 17 years after the “How lowbrow can we go?” success (ahem) of “Super Troopers,” the aging comedy ensemble, beloved by stoners, have crowd-funded … Continue reading