Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 17, 2018
The human computers of “Hidden Figures” aren’t the only “forgotten women” of the early days of America’s space program. While the names of the Mercury Seven, the crack fighter-jocks/test pilots turned astronauts are chiseled into history, with monuments for them … Continue reading
This should be a spinoff from “John Wicke.” The idea of a hospital run for the murderous, the larcenous, injured “in the line of duty?” Jodie Foster, Sterling K. Brown, Jeff Goldblum, Jenny Slate, Sofia Boutella, Charlie Day, Dave Bautista … Continue reading
There’s a statue I always make a point of passing by whenever I’m in Central Park in Manhattan. It’s of Balto, one of the “hero” sled dogs of Nome, Alaska’s diphtheria epidemic of 1925 and the subject of a pretty … Continue reading
The groaning pills and pot gags, the bad puns, the middle-aged paunches. Yes, Broken Lizard is back, 17 years after the “How lowbrow can we go?” success (ahem) of “Super Troopers,” the aging comedy ensemble, beloved by stoners, have crowd-funded … Continue reading