Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 17, 2018
The human computers of “Hidden Figures” aren’t the only “forgotten women” of the early days of America’s space program. While the names of the Mercury Seven, the crack fighter-jocks/test pilots turned astronauts are chiseled into history, with monuments for them … Continue reading
This should be a spinoff from “John Wicke.” The idea of a hospital run for the murderous, the larcenous, injured “in the line of duty?” Jodie Foster, Sterling K. Brown, Jeff Goldblum, Jenny Slate, Sofia Boutella, Charlie Day, Dave Bautista … Continue reading
There’s a statue I always make a point of passing by whenever I’m in Central Park in Manhattan. It’s of Balto, one of the “hero” sled dogs of Nome, Alaska’s diphtheria epidemic of 1925 and the subject of a pretty … Continue reading
The groaning pills and pot gags, the bad puns, the middle-aged paunches. Yes, Broken Lizard is back, 17 years after the “How lowbrow can we go?” success (ahem) of “Super Troopers,” the aging comedy ensemble, beloved by stoners, have crowd-funded … Continue reading