Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Mexican BMX girl holds casting call -- "Dad Wanted (Se busca papá)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 10, 2018
There’s nothing like a dive deep into dull to get you off your “Why aren’t great directors still getting the chance to direct?” soap box. Coppola disappears, Scorsese delivers a dog or three, Woody Allen’s last few pictures add embarrassment … Continue reading
A pretty good cast consisting of two Oscar winners and two Oscar nominees withers on the vine, waiting for a first time director to get on with things in “Same Kind of Different as Me,” a faith-based drama of the … Continue reading
It’s not a great film, but I honestly don’t know how you can make a better movie about tennis than “Borg vs. McEnroe.” Here is the solitary combat, the stripped stage where glory or humiliation await, the mental toughness it … Continue reading