Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Don't Worry Darling," it'll all be over soon
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 4, 2018
Kudos for the folks who hired two Oscar winners and made “The Miracle Season,” and for previewing it in cities across the country. It’s a “Win one for the Gipper” variation, a true story about a high school volleyball team … Continue reading
There’s a special corner of movie-lovers heaven for actors who burn through their Hollywood capital on quirky, challenging movies that have little commercial potential. Zachary Quinto’s earned his place there. And Jon Hamm, with all the offbeat TV shows and … Continue reading
A spy who falls for a scientist, kidnapping in the desert and a mental escape into the deepest deep blue sea. Very Wim Wenders. “Submergence” finally gets a release next week. Limited.
American adolescence has been turned into a moving target by Hollywood in recent decades, thanks to the rise of the R-rated comedy about adults who’ve never grown up. Blame the Ap(atow) Pack, the “Hangover” binge-athons or that Judeo-Canadian vulgarian Seth … Continue reading