Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: The definitive biography of Lady Day? "Billie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 4, 2018
Kudos for the folks who hired two Oscar winners and made “The Miracle Season,” and for previewing it in cities across the country. It’s a “Win one for the Gipper” variation, a true story about a high school volleyball team … Continue reading
There’s a special corner of movie-lovers heaven for actors who burn through their Hollywood capital on quirky, challenging movies that have little commercial potential. Zachary Quinto’s earned his place there. And Jon Hamm, with all the offbeat TV shows and … Continue reading
A spy who falls for a scientist, kidnapping in the desert and a mental escape into the deepest deep blue sea. Very Wim Wenders. “Submergence” finally gets a release next week. Limited.
American adolescence has been turned into a moving target by Hollywood in recent decades, thanks to the rise of the R-rated comedy about adults who’ve never grown up. Blame the Ap(atow) Pack, the “Hangover” binge-athons or that Judeo-Canadian vulgarian Seth … Continue reading