Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 4, 2018
Kudos for the folks who hired two Oscar winners and made “The Miracle Season,” and for previewing it in cities across the country. It’s a “Win one for the Gipper” variation, a true story about a high school volleyball team … Continue reading
There’s a special corner of movie-lovers heaven for actors who burn through their Hollywood capital on quirky, challenging movies that have little commercial potential. Zachary Quinto’s earned his place there. And Jon Hamm, with all the offbeat TV shows and … Continue reading
A spy who falls for a scientist, kidnapping in the desert and a mental escape into the deepest deep blue sea. Very Wim Wenders. “Submergence” finally gets a release next week. Limited.
American adolescence has been turned into a moving target by Hollywood in recent decades, thanks to the rise of the R-rated comedy about adults who’ve never grown up. Blame the Ap(atow) Pack, the “Hangover” binge-athons or that Judeo-Canadian vulgarian Seth … Continue reading