Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Documentary Review: A Great Writer writes and remembers -- "The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 19, 2020
It’s cinematic ancient history now, but “Medium Cool” was a docudrama that caused quite a stir in its day. Haskell Wexler, a cameraman, took us inside the protests, riots and media circus that was the 1968 Democratic National Convention to … Continue reading
Sometimes in movie romances, Ilsa leaves Rick, Andie chooses rich Blane over true-blue Ducky and some poor woman ends up with Adam Sandler. And if it can happen in Hollywood, why not in Indonesia? “Love Like the Falling Rain” is … Continue reading
“Synchronic” is a time-travel thriller with high stakes and genuine pathos. And all of that is conveyed in a gripping performance by Anthony Mackie, who takes this too-rare leading man role to its emotional limits. The set-up is screwy and … Continue reading
“Freaky Friday” meets a serial killer. Sounds like a job for Vince Vaughn.
New York set, Canadian made, “Wendigo” is coming for them.