Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Adventure vlogger finds there is "No Escape" from a Russian puzzle
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: "Wonder Woman 1984 (WW84)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Seeing the future, trying to change it of your own "Volition"
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 3, 2020
The 1970s singer-songwriter Harry Chapin won awards, more after he died in 1981 than while he was alive. Now, there are awards named for him — songwriting and humanitarian honors coveted by generations of performers who have followed. A montage … Continue reading
Let me tell you about this repellent Mexican comedy titled “Ahí te Encargo (You Got This)” but which should have been called “Two Selfish Jerks and a Baby.” It’s a romance that tries to flip gender roles in a way … Continue reading
Documentary Preview: Alex Gibney & Co. burn Trump and the GOP Covid disaster to the ground “TOTALLY UNDER CONTROL”
No, “low information voters” won’t see this. But they should if they want to see what a disaster they have put the country through. 10/13 and 10/20 this rolls out. The Oscar winner Gibney is pretty unimpeachable as a source … Continue reading
Once and always “Black Dynamite” Michael Jai White deserves better than Hollywood ever gave him. Seeing him in a C-movie, still able to do the stunts but with filmmakers unable to hide the fact that much of this looks like … Continue reading
Blood and guts month at the movies makes this Oct. 20 release….timely.
An inspiring and gritty tale a put hope among the down and out, just in time for the holidays.