Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: To collect Sarandon's inheritance, Jake Johnson must "Ride the Eagle"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 3, 2020
The 1970s singer-songwriter Harry Chapin won awards, more after he died in 1981 than while he was alive. Now, there are awards named for him — songwriting and humanitarian honors coveted by generations of performers who have followed. A montage … Continue reading
Let me tell you about this repellent Mexican comedy titled “Ahí te Encargo (You Got This)” but which should have been called “Two Selfish Jerks and a Baby.” It’s a romance that tries to flip gender roles in a way … Continue reading
Documentary Preview: Alex Gibney & Co. burn Trump and the GOP Covid disaster to the ground “TOTALLY UNDER CONTROL”
No, “low information voters” won’t see this. But they should if they want to see what a disaster they have put the country through. 10/13 and 10/20 this rolls out. The Oscar winner Gibney is pretty unimpeachable as a source … Continue reading
Once and always “Black Dynamite” Michael Jai White deserves better than Hollywood ever gave him. Seeing him in a C-movie, still able to do the stunts but with filmmakers unable to hide the fact that much of this looks like … Continue reading
Blood and guts month at the movies makes this Oct. 20 release….timely.
An inspiring and gritty tale a put hope among the down and out, just in time for the holidays.