Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 23, 2020
Movie Preview: Aaron Eckhart is out for revenge, can Tommy Lee J or Heather Graham talk him out of it in “Wander”
Kathryn Winnick also stars in this thriller, which has hints of “cult” if not “OCcult” in it. “Wander” streams on Dec. 4.
Here’s a no-budget Canadian thriller that comes oh-so-close to being the “Little Horror Engine that Could.” “Halloween Party” almost gets by on just-enough character development, a workable plot — if they’d stick with it — and Classic Canadian Comic Banter. … Continue reading
This thriller produced an arresting trailer with an air of melancholy menace and a vivid sense of place. “The Giant” streams VOD on Nov. 13.
Netflixable? Animated “Over the Moon” marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
East meets West in the lightly charming children’s lunar fantasy “Over the Moon,” a Chinese-made Netflix movie that puts a modern Hollywood spin on a Chinese folk legend. The animation, from “Kung Fu Panda” veterans Pearl Studios of Shanghai, is … Continue reading
Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Masque of the Red Death” has been on a lot of people’s minds of late. Lucky, affluent people gathered for a masked ball, sickening and dying? Yes, it sounds like all manner of conservative “Super Spreader” … Continue reading