Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: A gay couple is haunted or Harassed in "Spiral"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 23, 2020
Movie Preview: Aaron Eckhart is out for revenge, can Tommy Lee J or Heather Graham talk him out of it in “Wander”
Kathryn Winnick also stars in this thriller, which has hints of “cult” if not “OCcult” in it. “Wander” streams on Dec. 4.
Here’s a no-budget Canadian thriller that comes oh-so-close to being the “Little Horror Engine that Could.” “Halloween Party” almost gets by on just-enough character development, a workable plot — if they’d stick with it — and Classic Canadian Comic Banter. … Continue reading
This thriller produced an arresting trailer with an air of melancholy menace and a vivid sense of place. “The Giant” streams VOD on Nov. 13.
Netflixable? Animated “Over the Moon” marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
East meets West in the lightly charming children’s lunar fantasy “Over the Moon,” a Chinese-made Netflix movie that puts a modern Hollywood spin on a Chinese folk legend. The animation, from “Kung Fu Panda” veterans Pearl Studios of Shanghai, is … Continue reading
Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Masque of the Red Death” has been on a lot of people’s minds of late. Lucky, affluent people gathered for a masked ball, sickening and dying? Yes, it sounds like all manner of conservative “Super Spreader” … Continue reading