Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 23, 2020
Movie Preview: Aaron Eckhart is out for revenge, can Tommy Lee J or Heather Graham talk him out of it in “Wander”
Kathryn Winnick also stars in this thriller, which has hints of “cult” if not “OCcult” in it. “Wander” streams on Dec. 4.
Here’s a no-budget Canadian thriller that comes oh-so-close to being the “Little Horror Engine that Could.” “Halloween Party” almost gets by on just-enough character development, a workable plot — if they’d stick with it — and Classic Canadian Comic Banter. … Continue reading
This thriller produced an arresting trailer with an air of melancholy menace and a vivid sense of place. “The Giant” streams VOD on Nov. 13.
Netflixable? Animated “Over the Moon” marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
East meets West in the lightly charming children’s lunar fantasy “Over the Moon,” a Chinese-made Netflix movie that puts a modern Hollywood spin on a Chinese folk legend. The animation, from “Kung Fu Panda” veterans Pearl Studios of Shanghai, is … Continue reading
Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Masque of the Red Death” has been on a lot of people’s minds of late. Lucky, affluent people gathered for a masked ball, sickening and dying? Yes, it sounds like all manner of conservative “Super Spreader” … Continue reading