Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 23, 2020
Movie Preview: Aaron Eckhart is out for revenge, can Tommy Lee J or Heather Graham talk him out of it in “Wander”
Kathryn Winnick also stars in this thriller, which has hints of “cult” if not “OCcult” in it. “Wander” streams on Dec. 4.
Here’s a no-budget Canadian thriller that comes oh-so-close to being the “Little Horror Engine that Could.” “Halloween Party” almost gets by on just-enough character development, a workable plot — if they’d stick with it — and Classic Canadian Comic Banter. … Continue reading
This thriller produced an arresting trailer with an air of melancholy menace and a vivid sense of place. “The Giant” streams VOD on Nov. 13.
Netflixable? Animated “Over the Moon” marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
East meets West in the lightly charming children’s lunar fantasy “Over the Moon,” a Chinese-made Netflix movie that puts a modern Hollywood spin on a Chinese folk legend. The animation, from “Kung Fu Panda” veterans Pearl Studios of Shanghai, is … Continue reading
Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Masque of the Red Death” has been on a lot of people’s minds of late. Lucky, affluent people gathered for a masked ball, sickening and dying? Yes, it sounds like all manner of conservative “Super Spreader” … Continue reading