Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 5, 2020
In an alternate Joe Pantoliano timeline, there would be no more “Bad Boys” reboots. He’s played enough cops. No more “Joey Pants” sleazeballs, either. He’d spend his years nursing little indie comedies like “Feast of the Seven Fishes” (Christmas is … Continue reading
“The Binding (Il Legame)” is an Italian horror tale that doesn’t play by the rules, that defies every expectation it sets us up for. Does that heighten the frights or amp up the suspense? Not really. But it’s a puzzling … Continue reading
There won’t be any theaters open to show this, but…
Strange, dark and dystopian. Very Alan Moore. He’s in it, too. Coming sometime this fall.