Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 18, 2020
Abe Applebaum is a 32 year-old has-been, a small-city Ontario burn-out who drinks too much and expects too little. That’s what life has taught him. But twenty years ago, Abe was someBODY, a Willowbrook kid who gained local and national … Continue reading
Fans of Liam Neeson’s late career revenge thrillers know to wait for that payoff line, which may vary in verbiage and accent, but never in meaning. Here’s the version in “Honest Thief,” delivered in a “not hiding me accent any … Continue reading
With Regal shuttered and AMC almost out of cash, big chunks of the country are about to be without moviegoing even as an option. Not that most people consider it safe, even without a big uptick in COVID cases. Some … Continue reading
In a later era Uncle Frank could have been a Republican senator, I tell you what.