Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Adventure vlogger finds there is "No Escape" from a Russian puzzle
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: "Wonder Woman 1984 (WW84)"
- Movie Review: Seeing the future, trying to change it of your own "Volition"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 18, 2020
Abe Applebaum is a 32 year-old has-been, a small-city Ontario burn-out who drinks too much and expects too little. That’s what life has taught him. But twenty years ago, Abe was someBODY, a Willowbrook kid who gained local and national … Continue reading
Fans of Liam Neeson’s late career revenge thrillers know to wait for that payoff line, which may vary in verbiage and accent, but never in meaning. Here’s the version in “Honest Thief,” delivered in a “not hiding me accent any … Continue reading
With Regal shuttered and AMC almost out of cash, big chunks of the country are about to be without moviegoing even as an option. Not that most people consider it safe, even without a big uptick in COVID cases. Some … Continue reading
In a later era Uncle Frank could have been a Republican senator, I tell you what.