Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Beware of family guy who calls himself "Nobody"
- Movie Review: "Stars Fell on Alabama" -- But laughs? Nope.
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 14, 2020
Has Milla ever made a movie with Nic Cage? THERE’s a pitch. This one releases/streams/drive-ins what have you on Dec. 30.
God, we’ve missed THIS Nicolas Cage. Martial Arts/sci-fi mashup Nic. Bugeyed Nic. Craaaaaaazyy Nic. With Rick Yune, Frank Grillo, Tony Jaa and Marie Avgeropoulos. Nov. 20. Rick Yune, Frank Grillo
The father wants to get his kid into the exclusive Catholic school that will give his little boy the best chance at a brighter future. And it’s not going well. The admissions officer asks him a question in code. “What … Continue reading
Screenwriter Jeffrey Reddick mainlined something universal with his script, “Final Destination.” A film that launched a franchise, it tapped into that teen tendency to feel immortal and the conspiracy buff in us all that likes to see “coincidences” as part … Continue reading
What overwhelms you about David Lean’s second most famous Dickens adaptation is the sense of hunger that washes off the screen and erases any sense of “period piece” about it. “Oliver Twist” makes hunger so timeless that the 19th century … Continue reading
The Swiss LSD activist Joannna Harcourt-Smith, longtime love and partner in Psychedelics of Dr. Timothy Leary and the subject of this film, just died.